Gelish + regular polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie_

Reaction score
Hi all! Can you use a regular glitter topcoat over Gelish? I want to try OPI Man With The Golden Gun over Black Shadow, just wondering if you can? and if you should apply it to the colour coat or the TIO and add another coat of TIO when the regular glitter is dry? xx

Why not try it on a colourpop or nail art wheel? Or try it on one of your own nails and see how it wears. Personally, I would give it a go on top of completed Gelish so that you can just remove it with nail polish remover if necessary.

i wouldnt encase the OPI in between the Gelish Top it Off / Black shadow.....it will not bond properly and will more than like chip. You could put it over the top it off after you have cleansed but you then have to wait for it to dry etc. plus it still will more than likely chip before their next visit.
Is that the new one with the gold leaf? Why not get some gold leaf from a nail art supplier and place some small peices on the Black before applying the Top it off.... It will last then and you will not have any drying time xx

I'd put it over the top of top it off not sure if top if off will have a reaction with normal polish, if it's just on you then try it, if it was on a customer I would probably just use a normal top coat, someone might come along who has tried it tho :) x

Hi all! Can you use a regular glitter topcoat over Gelish? I want to try OPI Man With The Golden Gun over Black Shadow, just wondering if you can? and if you should apply it to the colour coat or the TIO and add another coat of TIO when the regular glitter is dry? xx

Not sure about using polish under TIO, personally, I would finish the mani, including the TIO then apply the opi polish and seal with a good top coat, personally I wouldn't apply it under TIO as I'm not sure how it would last. Either way... I would still apply the TIO to finish the Gelish first, then apply the polish :) xxx

Haha looks like we were all typing at the same time lol xxx

Ha ha I thought that too... Least we said roughly the same thing :) x

Thank you. Yes it is the gold leaf...I will give it ago on a nail wheel then see what happens, it was just for my own nails, but think I might invest in some gold leaf for clients :) xx

You can get this exact effect by using Gold Foil with gelish :) x

I put the OPI man with a golden gun over my sisters Shellac after top coat. It's still going strong ten days later.

Latest posts

Back