Gelish removal done by client - do you recommend it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabel12

Reaction score
Hi, geeks!
I've been searching but can't find a thread about it.
So Gelish removal is not my favourite job and I'd prefer if my clients removed it by themselves, especially those who wear it for weeks and it takes ages to take it off.
When I had it done in the past my nail tech instructed me how to remove it at home - I followed instructions and removed it no probs (I wasn't a nail tech myself back then yet).
Is it ok to upload removal tutorial on my website and give it as an option to clients? How you guys do it? What do you say to clients regarding removal?
I was thinking of something like:
'After 3 weeks removal will be charged extra as it takes longer - please ask for a quote.
You can also remove Gelish by yourself following tutorial but take great care to not damage your nails.* [...]
* It is recommended that removal is performed by professional - (company name) does not take any responsibility for any damage you can make to your nails removing Gelish by yourself.'

Any advice very welcome.

You can retail the mini soak off kit by harmony for this exact job :) you probably need to show them or provide instructions the first time indeed.

have to say i am not keen on taking it off either, all takes time :).
i retail the nail harmony `soak it off` kit to clients as i feel that sometimes they may want to take it off at a time to suit themselves. I do give them education though and a demo so they know what to do. I also buy in the nail wraps from nail harmony so that they can buy extra stock of those too, but i only charge cost price for them.

i know if i had a chip or two i would rather have the stuff off at my convenience than walk around with it looking untidy. Also for holidays...it is peace of mind

You can retail the mini soak off kit by harmony for this exact job :) you probably need to show them or provide instructions the first time indeed.
Ha! Genius! :green: Thank you for that.
The video I'm going to use is a shortened version of the vid by NH - it's quite straight forward so I think they'd manage but obviously I'd instruct them as well. I only gotta check my NH has those mini kits in stock as they're quite poor comparing to british branch (no towels, no T-shirts etc)...

have to say i am not keen on taking it off either, all takes time :).
i retail the nail harmony `soak it off` kit to clients as i feel that sometimes they may want to take it off at a time to suit themselves. I do give them education though and a demo so they know what to do. I also buy in the nail wraps from nail harmony so that they can buy extra stock of those too, but i only charge cost price for them.

i know if i had a chip or two i would rather have the stuff off at my convenience than walk around with it looking untidy. Also for holidays...it is peace of mind
Just checked it - no mini soak off kit for me, I'm afraid :/
Smallest remover is 120 ml - a bit too large and expensive for 'mini' thing...

Last edited:
Well that's a pain! Can you get files and magis wraps? You may find a bottle of good strength acetone remover will do the job but you would have to try a few out I guess- ask your clients aswell as the price of say 5 removals by you versus the remover and wraps retail night actually work out better for then if they would like to remove themselves regularly. I am not keen on removal after two weeks- but I don't trust my clients too much with taking it off- they pick! X

Well that's a pain! Can you get files and magis wraps? You may find a bottle of good strength acetone remover will do the job but you would have to try a few out I guess- ask your clients aswell as the price of say 5 removals by you versus the remover and wraps retail night actually work out better for then if they would like to remove themselves regularly. I am not keen on removal after two weeks- but I don't trust my clients too much with taking it off- they pick! X
Well I can try to sell 120 ml remover + wraps, this should work out for them, just gotta think of the price. Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back