Gelish rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiechops

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks
We are using gelish at work and loving it and have just started experimenting with rockstar. I'm totally stomped about how to do rockstar but only the tips ie like a French manicure without getting the glitter everywhere? Any advice would be great fully recieved. Thank you in advance

I use a small (#2 flat shader brush) to pick up and pat the glitter into place into the inhibition (tacky) layer of the nail. Then use a filbert brush dipped in alcohol to clean up the smile line. Float the TIO over, wipe the brush in between strokes if necessary. But if you did get the odd out of place piece of glitter, use a pin to slide it out of the way before curing.

Hi fellow geeks
We are using gelish at work and loving it and have just started experimenting with rockstar. I'm totally stomped about how to do rockstar but only the tips ie like a French manicure without getting the glitter everywhere? Any advice would be great fully recieved. Thank you in advance

You can do your normal base then colour and TIO all over then wipe inhibition layer. The paint the tip, apply glitter and cure, TIO just on tip, cure and wipe then do a coat of TIO all over.

You can do your normal base then colour and TIO all over then wipe inhibition layer. The paint the tip, apply glitter and cure, TIO just on tip, cure and wipe then do a coat of TIO all over.

I never thought to only apply TIO on glitter tip, then another layer of TIO all over! So smart! That way you don't spread the glitter all over the rest of the nails. Thanks!! :D

Do u have to buff up the top coat as I thought gelish didn't stick to shiny surface c

Not really as its only like putting 2 top coats on which works. I do the same with Konad, TIO then wipe the Konad then TIO again. That way u can wipe pattern off it it goes wrong. U could buff the TIO with a white block before applying colour and glitter on tip. X

I to was wondering how to do just tips with glitter ,great tips . Salon geek is soooooo great :)

Latest posts

Back