Gelish, Sheek White chipped and off white colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsgalore13

Reaction score
Hi
i did a lady gelish sheek white on her nails,she said the colour is in so wanted all her nails white!
she came back today and about 3 had chipped and you could see that some of the others were sort of going, they had also gone a dull off white colour!

i did think to be honest when i was applying it first time round it didnt go on very well but it is a new bottle.
anyone else had problems or know why it has done this please?

thanks x

Anyone please? ! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi
i did a lady gelish sheek white on her nails,she said the colour is in so wanted all her nails white!
she came back today and about 3 had chipped and you could see that some of the others were sort of going, they had also gone a dull off white colour!

i did think to be honest when i was applying it first time round it didnt go on very well but it is a new bottle.
anyone else had problems or know why it has done this please?

thanks x

Before you apply your Gelish colour, turn the bottle upside down and wave it from side to side. If you notice your product isn't going on properly, try cleaning your brush with a small amount of cleanse and dry it off on a piece of couch roll. This will really help the bristles fan out and the polish will go on nice and smooth. (sometimes you'll notice a film/coating on the bristles and this needs to be removed before application).

Gelish shouldn't chip if it's applied correctly. Just make sure your layers are thin.

As it is a porous product it can stain, although in my experience this is very rare as the top it off offers great protection and a high shine.

When you are applying your top it off when using dark colours ie reds, blacks, purples etc you need to float your top it off on. If you don't do this, you can pick up colour on your brush. When you put the brush back into the bottle you will contaminate the bottle with colour and so when you go to use it again to paint over a pale colour like sheek white it can stain it.

HTHs

Before you apply your Gelish colour, turn the bottle upside down and wave it from side to side. If you notice your product isn't going on properly, try cleaning your brush with a small amount of cleanse and dry it off on a piece of couch roll. This will really help the bristles fan out and the polish will go on nice and smooth. (sometimes you'll notice a film/coating on the bristles and this needs to be removed before application).

Gelish shouldn't chip if it's applied correctly. Just make sure your layers are thin.

As it is a porous product it can stain, although in my experience this is very rare as the top it off offers great protection and a high shine.

When you are applying your top it off when using dark colours ie reds, blacks, purples etc you need to float your top it off on. If you don't do this, you can pick up colour on your brush. When you put the brush back into the bottle you will contaminate the bottle with colour and so when you go to use it again to paint over a pale colour like sheek white it can stain it.

HTHs

Hi angel
That's great advice thank you!
I do always roll my colours in my hands before hand. But that sounds a good idea with the cleanse think I will try that!
Yes I wonder why it had dulled it was a real off White like a bit peachy to b honest!
Brilliant thanks angel for that x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back