Gelish stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megfar33

Reaction score
Hey all.
I've been reading a lot about stamping. I've seen konad and bm talking about.
I was just wondering what you girls use and what you find works best with the gelish and tips etc. I've tried searching but it comes up with forums that are 1400 pages long on my phone. Thankyou :)

Xxx

Hiya, I use Gelish & konad stamps. I have a few of the konad polishes & use those. I gently wipe over the colour coat with cleanser on a lint wipe before applying the stamp then just TIO & cure. Or u can TIO wipe the inhibition later, apply stamp then do another TIO. HTH xx

I use a Konad stamper and have several plate sets from Bundle Monster and Cheeky. I like to apply the Gelish color, then a thin layer of TIO and cure it before adding the stamp. This way if the stamp gets messed up you just wipe it off and try again. Once the stamp is perfect I apply a second thin layer of TIO.

For stamping polishes I have a small collection that I've found to work well... Konad, China Glaze Romantique collection and some OPI. Generally the thicker the polish, the better.

I do konad gelish sandwich all the time. I love it. I do the same method as chickettes said about and after the stamp I cure 2 more layers of TIO. Here's some I have done... I find that konad special polish in white and black work really good. China glaze romantique and khrome collection, essie mirror metallics collection.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472940.692727.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472940.692727.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 721
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472952.692554.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472952.692554.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 562
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472967.409193.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472967.409193.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 409
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472977.942516.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472977.942516.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 348
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472990.909153.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360472990.909153.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 838
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360473000.209179.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360473000.209179.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 409
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360473014.992561.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360473014.992561.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 341
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360473029.242683.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360473029.242683.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 406
I do konad gelish sandwich all the time. I love it. I do the same method as chickettes said about and after the stamp I cure 2 more layers of TIO. Here's some I have done... I find that konad special polish in white and black work really good. China glaze romantique and khrome collection, essie mirror metallics collection.

Absolutely lovely! :wink2: Thanks for the inspiration I've just broken a nail & need to redo mine. I too stamp and put TIO over stamping - 2 coats may be way to go - I've had some wear on index & middle fingers with just one coat!

This one has Barry M Foil in silver. I find these better than Konad Silver or Gold - but other Special polishes are great.

Absolutely lovely! :wink2: Thanks for the inspiration I've just broken a nail & need to redo mine. I too stamp and put TIO over stamping - 2 coats may be way to go - I've had some wear on index & middle fingers with just one coat!

This one has Barry M Foil in silver. I find these better than Konad Silver or Gold - but other Special polishes are great.

Oops - helps if I add picture!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360498363.548657.jpg

What plate is that in the first pic x

These look amazing :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

im just about to order some plates and the stamper and try theses out...the lloook amazing!!sorry for my imput but can you use any china glaz? or does it have to be kanad colours?

thanks

Wow, these are amazing.

Thanks. Oh yours is pretty too! ;)

What plate is that in the first pic x

It's bundle monster bm 314.

You can see all the colors I used and nail plates on my tumblr account:
Msbeautybee.tumblr.com

These look amazing :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Thank you. :)

im just about to order some plates and the stamper and try theses out...the lloook amazing!!sorry for my imput but can you use any china glaz? or does it have to be kanad colours?

thanks

They don't have to be the konad special polish but I've found they do have the best black and white stamping polish. Metallic polishes usually work well. Pretty much any polish that goes on opaque after one coat will work.

Wow, these are amazing.

Thanks!

They don't have to be the konad special polish but I've found they do have the best black and white stamping polish. Metallic polishes usually work well. Pretty much any polish that goes on opaque after one coat will work.

Thanks!

thanks :) i use china glaz thats why i asked.saves the pennys :) cant wait to try them out...xx

Thanks. Oh yours is pretty too! ;)

It's bundle monster bm 314.

You can see all the colors I used and nail plates on my tumblr account:
Msbeautybee.tumblr.com

Thank you. :)

I love these and was going to ask the same question, I will check them out on the tumble ac. Thanks

Amazing!!
X

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. You have all been helpful. I think may have to invest in some! Xxx

Can you use konad and china glaze on top of gelish? X

Thanks everyone.

Can you use konad and china glaze on top of gelish? X

Yes you can. I usually do a normal gelish mani (base, color, top coat) wipe off the tacky layer, stamp your image then apply 2 more coats of gel top coat. Then your stamp will last as long as your gelish mani. :)

I have just ordered some stamps and can't wait ! I use shellac I guess TOI is a top coat :)

Thanks everyone.

Yes you can. I usually do a normal gelish mani (base, color, top coat) wipe off the tacky layer, stamp your image then apply 2 more coats of gel top coat. Then your stamp will last as long as your gelish mani. :)

Thankyou :) I have acrylic paint that I use for my nail art, could I use that to begin with until I buy china glaze and konad polishes? :)

Latest posts

Back