Gelish - starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugg73

Reaction score
I'm hoping to do my gelish training on 6 January. I've seen the VAT free offer from Harmony Gelish on Monday. I'm thinking of ordering the 'Basix package' for £83.32 (VAT free) but it doesn't include a lamp or polishes.

I would really like some advice on both of these items

1) The gelish lamps seem really expensive - I'm not saying for one moment they are not worth it but I'm studying beauty and I have so much to buy! Could anyone recommend a starter lamp? I would upgrade as soon as money allows.

2) I want to buy 3 colours - what should I go for?

Thanks geeks :)

Why not go for the small lamp (mine came with my kit that you can order in advance of your training). It's Gelish branded which I like. It's sort of mini and if you eventually get a bigger 18G etc it's still useful as a back up.
I started with the French 3 pack, a red (red roses), a blue (deep sea) and a pink (gossip girl). I also got a glitter, June bride.

Harmony website has VAT free Monday??? How did you hear about this? X

Also is the gelish lamp 6g any good?

My trainer let me know it was vat free day and I also got a an email from harmony.

I'm hoping to do my gelish training on 6 January. I've seen the VAT free offer from Harmony Gelish on Monday. I'm thinking of ordering the 'Basix package' for £83.32 (VAT free) but it doesn't include a lamp or polishes.

I would really like some advice on both of these items

1) The gelish lamps seem really expensive - I'm not saying for one moment they are not worth it but I'm studying beauty and I have so much to buy! Could anyone recommend a starter lamp? I would upgrade as soon as money allows.

2) I want to buy 3 colours - what should I go for?

Thanks geeks :)

They do 3 lamps call up and ask hun. The smallest one is the 5-45 its tiny but does the job then there's the 6g & 18g
Xx

And I'd buy a red like red roses then Sheek white & a French pink. Xx

Hello first of all good luck on your training, you will love it :) when I first started I've used a standard uv lamp before I had enough money to buy the 18g gelish led light which I love! I also bought a red (red roses) a pink (passion) and a white for French, a month later I started build up my colours collection and I now own over 40 colours! It's good idea asking your clients what colours they would like :) x

If I were starting out again, I would buy a CND lamp until I had enough money for the 18G. The shellac lamp would be a really good back up lamp.

I have the 18G and I love it, would be lost without it. But, I think the CND lamp is good value for money and it always gives you the option to try shellac if you wish.

The best thing would be to get the 18G in a pack, do NH have any offers with the lamp included?

Last edited:
Harmony website has VAT free Monday??? How did you hear about this? X

I got an email from them. Sign up they send you all he latest offers and products xx

I got an email from them. Sign up they send you all he latest offers and products xx

How do you sign up for the emails?? I already have an account but never get email from them... I want in on the VAT free day!!! Xx

How do you sign up for the emails?? I already have an account but never get email from them... I want in on the VAT free day!!! Xx

Do they post out to Germany?

No :( I have emailed them to see if there are any wholesales here that sell it (like Sally's in the UK) but not heard back from them...I have to get my order sent home n collect it next time I'm there...oh the suspense!!!xx

So how do you get that past customs? I thought they were quite strict in Germany?

I dont get them sent here, I just stock up when I'm home (we're from Essex but posted here as hubs is in the army...) x

Latest posts

Back