Gelish structure gel, just to clarify

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
Iv just bought the Gelish structure gel after reading a few threads about it I just want to clarify a few things?

Can you use it without the foundation?
Can you use it under a colour coat or is it best to foundation, colour, structure then top it off?

Also if I'm adding Swarovski's will they hold better if I set them in a layer of structure gel then top it off?

Hi Holliex,

You still need to use foundation.

Use it under colour if the nail has ridges as it's self-levelling, or over colour if you want to add strength.

I think the Swarovski's are more secure set in structure gel but you can just set them in top it off cure and then top it off again.

Hope this helps 😊

Hi Holliex,

You still need to use foundation.

Use it under colour if the nail has ridges as it's self-levelling, or over colour if you want to add strength.

I think the Swarovski's are more secure set in structure gel but you can just set them in top it off cure and then top it off again.

Hope this helps 😊

Thanks very much for the reply. I dont need it for ridges just strength so I can use foundation, 2 colour coats, structure gel then top it off. Iv read a few different threads and also looked on harmony website and a lot of them say to apply to the natural nail so I was getting confused! Xx

No problem.

Yeah for strength foundation, 2 x colour, structure then top it off.

That's what I was taught anyway. Not sure why they say that, maybe they mean it's for use on natural nails as apposed to over extensions.

Xx

No problem.

Yeah for strength foundation, 2 x colour, structure then top it off.

That's what I was taught anyway. Not sure why they say that, maybe they mean it's for use on natural nails as apposed to over extensions.

Xx

Great thank you! X

If you want extra strength, structure gel goes underneath colour, so foundation, structure, colour x2, TIO.

If you want to help the colour last longer for a client who maybe has a manual
Job etc, the structure goes on top of the colour before the TIO.

Structure gel is perfect for gems. Apply the structure then press the gems into the structure and cure, then 2x top it off to lock them in.

HTH xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

If you want extra strength, structure gel goes underneath colour, so foundation, structure, colour x2, TIO.

If you want to help the colour last longer for a client who maybe has a manual
Job etc, the structure goes on top of the colour before the TIO.

Structure gel is perfect for gems. Apply the structure then press the gems into the structure and cure, then 2x top it off to lock them in.

HTH xx

Thanks for that! I was starting to worry as I did a search on here yesterday and a lot of the threads were saying how bad the structure gel is! I haven't used it yet. Iv got a client in tomorrow and I want to use it to help colour last longer as she works in a kitchen. So will use it on top of colour, is it just one thin coat?

If I'm using it to apply Swarovski's should I just paint the whole nail after colour and press them in or just a small blob and apply it? Xx

Thanks for that! I was starting to worry as I did a search on here yesterday and a lot of the threads were saying how bad the structure gel is! I haven't used it yet. Iv got a client in tomorrow and I want to use it to help colour last longer as she works in a kitchen. So will use it on top of colour, is it just one thin coat?

If I'm using it to apply Swarovski's should I just paint the whole nail after colour and press them in or just a small blob and apply it? Xx

Hello, yes to help the colour last, one thin layer on top of colour, cure then topcoat.
I tend to do a thin layer over all of the nail and then press my crystals in where I want them and then cure. I recommend 2 layers of top coat to really lock them down x

Hello, yes to help the colour last, one thin layer on top of colour, cure then topcoat.
I tend to do a thin layer over all of the nail and then press my crystals in where I want them and then cure. I recommend 2 layers of top coat to really lock them down x

Thank you x

I think some people expect it to be a builder gel (probably because of the 'structure' in the name). I can see how it is a bit misleading.

I think some people expect it to be a builder gel (probably because of the 'structure' in the name). I can see how it is a bit misleading.

Agreed, all these names are confusing lol x

What is a builder gel? X

What is a builder gel? X

Builder is the hard gel used for enhancements. It's buff off, whereas structure is a soak off gel.

Builder is the hard gel used for enhancements. It's buff off, whereas structure is a soak off gel.

You can get soak off "builder" gel - CND Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel.

Gelish Structure Gel is not strong or hard enough for enhancements/extensions.

You can get soak off "builder" gel - CND Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel.

Gelish Structure Gel is not strong or hard enough for enhancements/extensions.

I didn't know that the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel was a soak off builder gel. I'm not familiar with CND products. Is it used for enhancements?

I have successfully used Gelish structure for enhancements and it has served it's purpose. It's usually just for one or two nails, not a whole set.

Latest posts

Back