Gelish, to buff or not to buff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
i am new to gelish having only trained a couple of weeks ago.we was told that after a long time of wearing gelish it will thin and weaken the nail from the buffing so i was wondering how many of you buff before every application or if you just buff on the first application and not after.

i suppose it is trial and error but as im new to gelish i am worried about not buffing but i obviously dont want to cause damage to mine or my clients nails.
have any of you had any problems if you havent buffed the nail first?

If, on first time wearers, you thoroughly remove all cuticle from entire nail plate and thoroughly dehydrate; you should not have to buff the nail. Those two actions should remove the shine completely from the nail plate. Very seldom; on someone with say--oily nail plates--you can give it a light buffing on the first go round. But once they have had the Gelish on and removed, the nail plate should be dehydrated enough to reapply without any buffing at all.

I don't buff and never have, my client today has been wearing gelish for months now and her nails are lovely and healthy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346618517.465454.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346618517.465454.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 165
I have been wearing Gelish myself and providing it for my clients for about 18 months. I don't buff - they would have no nails left after a few weeks if you did it before every reapplication. Good prep and dehydration is enough. My natural nails are better than they have ever been, most of my clients would also say that about there nails too.

I also don't buff the topcoat before wrapping for removal, I find Gelish easier to remove if you don't.

Latest posts

Back