Gelish vs Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyltaylor88

Reaction score
Not really sure what to do
I opened up a beauty room in a gym doing most treatments including shellac
Since opening all the beauty places within my area have suddenly started usin their faceboom pages and often copying pictures and my status
I had this one client that has been coming to me since week one for shellac every 2 week
She hadnt been in for a few weeks so thought i would check what she was up to on her fcebook page and notice that she had opened her own room and can see that she has done day courses over the summer by her conversations am thinking she was obviously snooping me out!
She is doing gelish and i thought that this was quite bad for your bails but after reading up on it am thinking it mght be quite good lol
Does anyone find it qorks well on the side of shellac or do they find it works well on its own?
Thanks in advance :)

Omg the cheek!

I'm in the same dilemma. As I want to train in either shellac or gelish.

Shellac vs Gelish.

What I've learnt from techs on this site so far is they are both good.

Shellac is a powder polish & and everyone seems to be raving about it! Gelish is a gel polish. Gelish is good for clients who need a bit of a build up on there natural nails. So if there nails are in bad condition or shape with Gelish you can sculpture it a little.

This is what I've learnt so far from what I've read, I could be wrong!!!

Gelish is a great product, it doesn't damage the nails anymore than any other product! It soaks of in around 10 minutes and is used mostly as a lasting alternative for polish.

It does have the added bonus of a 'structure gel' for those with weak nails.

If you already offer Shellac, are you looking for another product to offer alongside it? It seems an expensive outlay to provide two different products to appeal to the same customers although I know some do.

I wouldnt worry about the other woman, she may well not be about for long and there is always someone new joining the industry. xxx

She has lived in the area for years so knows many people around i havent been here long so therefore dont know many people
Apart from that she doesnt worry me looking at pics the application at the cuticle is slightly wobbly!
Im thinking of gradually introducing gelish and phasing out Shellac
I have my mum and 1 other client that constantly have to have

Their shellac redone from flaking nails or weakened nails one is a hairsdresser and one is my mum and we have tried everything to make shellac last i know its not the shellac because i have many that lasts weeks but i have had clients that havent continued and it makes me think is it i for this reason

Decisiiobs decisons

Not all types of nails suit these UV colour coats ...

Clients with Bendy flakey peeling splitting nails should br told by you that they are not good candidates to be wearing the product ... Then they won't blame the product when their manicure does not last.

Neither gels nor Shellac last well on these types of nails ... They need more. If you do not offer other services that provide more strength, then you are going to have some disappointed clients.

I thought this might be the case i would always explain to the clients the reason why it may not last and most have now got lovely nails from persaverence of shellac but some have stubborn nails lol

Latest posts

Back