Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleighs_nails

Reaction score
Hi

I am currently fully trained with OPI but am thinking of adding in gelish as another option for my clients, will I need to do a training course to be able to buy the products and provide the service?

Thanks

nope you don't have to train to buy them at all :) im not brand specific trained & use them on my clients xx

I trained with OPI and I'm looking into Shellac. What made you think about Gelish? X

I like their colour range and techs on this forum seem to get good lasting results with it

I'm not going shellac, now looking at gelish

Stupid question... What will I need to try gelish? Being doing shellac for a year now, things like, we use scrubfresh and d sperse. In know I will need base coat and top coat. Also what are the timings for the cnd uv lamp? Never had issues with shellac I'm just curious, and love the colour choices with gelish. Thanks ladies. I want to just try on myself at the moment, I'm also building a salon so I need to keep cost to a bare minimum, are there some products I could use that I use for shellac? Eg scrubfresh and d sperse? Also does gelish have the inhibition layer like shellac does so I can do glitter etc? Xx

I use Gelish with all CND prep/removal products. Timings on lamp same as shellac.

Gelish has an extra base coat called ph bond which you put in before their actual base coat (foundation) it is air drying and basically primes the nail for application. Their steps are the same as shellac and same products but you also need to buff the nail very gently with a soft buffer before scrubfreshing and foundation needs to be put on and then brushed over with a dry gel brush before curing to make it really thin. It does have an inhibition layer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same use opi and struggle with clients complaining chipping and shrinkin.. I done the training so know what I'm doing looking to add another brand been told gelish or signature any suggestion would be lovely.. :) x

Gelish has an extra base coat called ph bond which you put in before their actual base coat (foundation) it is air drying and basically primes the nail for application. Their steps are the same as shellac and same products but you also need to buff the nail very gently with a soft buffer before scrubfreshing and foundation needs to be put on and then brushed over with a dry gel brush before curing to make it really thin. It does have an inhibition layer

OPI have the same-bond aid.

Stupid question... What will I need to try gelish? Being doing shellac for a year now, things like, we use scrubfresh and d sperse. In know I will need base coat and top coat. Also what are the timings for the cnd uv lamp? Never had issues with shellac I'm just curious, and love the colour choices with gelish. Thanks ladies. I want to just try on myself at the moment, I'm also building a salon so I need to keep cost to a bare minimum, are there some products I could use that I use for shellac? Eg scrubfresh and d sperse? Also does gelish have the inhibition layer like shellac does so I can do glitter etc? Xx

What is scrubfresh?

It's like a temporary nail dehydrator we scrub each nail with it before the base coat, it removes decontaminates and it's the last step before base coat.

Wonder if some clients seen to get more wear from gelish because you use the ph bond. Is it like a primer you use before some acrylic applications? How much will it cost me roughy for the 4 steps? Bond, base, colour, top. Are there any more products I need just to try on myself?

Also what is removal like?

I think you'll find that many techs do it differently. We try not to ever buff the natural nail, so we are extra diligent about prep and cleansing and find that buffing isn't necessary. We also don't use ph bond unless that client has had problems with adhesion. We find ph bond makes for tougher removals. We also don't dry brush, we find that if you apply the base thin enough ("scrubbing" it in), you don't need to dry brush.

Everyone makes adjustments as needed to suit their clients. It often depends on what system you started with. We started with Shellac years ago and really valued not buffing, so we continued with that and found that it works. YMMV.

Really really want to try it!!!! I will have to see how the finances are looking 😒 I do have a couple of clients that have more of a manual life, horses and such. They do sell it in Dennis Williams so may just have to have a gander! Love the super bright colours! There's so many colours though I wouldn't know where to start! Sorry op for hijacking your thread!! And thank you guys for the info! Xxx

Scrubfresh and ph bond sound the same as OPI's bond aid. It's used before GelColor, gel extensions, and lacquer application. I assume it's the same for acrylics, but I'm not acrylic trained. X

I trains with Gellux and started off just using them. Loved some of the O.P.I colours so got them but found the dark colours in particular like to shrink a bit. Then bought a couple of Gelish to try. The couple I have are fab and SO quick/easy to remove compared to the other two brands

Latest posts

Back