Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammiec85

Reaction score
Any fellow geeks tried Gellux before?

If you use the search tab and type in Gellux you will find a massive number of threads regarding it....

Search Thread - Gellux

Also I suggest a read of the forum suggestions for use - this is a great explanation from the Geek of when and how to post questions & threads :)

Commandments of a geek

Got some on at the mo to see what i think of it. Already had a 36w lamp which the system requires so thought hey ill give it ago for myself. I brought one colour, fast bond and base/top coat. It went on better than i thought it would. If you dont work fast its best to cure two fingers at a time as it does shrink a bit. So far had it on for four days and still in good condition. Im itching to have ago at removal because thats where most people encounter the probs but i want to see how long it will last....torn:). Also i want to see what condition my nails are in after removal so gonna try and keep it on for as long as it looks good. Personally i couldnt find to much info on here or the web in general so thought ild try for myself. Ill keep u updated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Got some on at the mo to see what i think of it. Already had a 36w lamp which the system requires so thought hey ill give it ago for myself. I brought one colour, fast bond and base/top coat. It went on better than i thought it would. If you dont work fast its best to cure two fingers at a time as it does shrink a bit. So far had it on for four days and still in good condition. Im itching to have ago at removal because thats where most people encounter the probs but i want to see how long it will last....torn:). Also i want to see what condition my nails are in after removal so gonna try and keep it on for as long as it looks good. Personally i couldnt find to much info on here or the web in general so thought ild try for myself. Ill keep u updated.

Well itried it it went on lovely, stayed realy well but omg the removal. Iused magis foils left on 20 min and it didnt budge. so i lightly filed nails to remove top coat and reaplied foils using acetone, kept my hands warm under a wheet bag...20 min later it had flaked a little. Ended up scraping it off and it was all powdery, still have little bits on my nails cause i ended up in a cold sweat lol. Wouldnt use this on a friend let alone a paying customer. Unbelievably my nails dont look too bad but for me the whole point of using a gel polish was so i wouldnt have to buff of like with gel Will be trying another brand though im sure temptation will get the better of me and ill be wearing it again, just to see if i can improve on removal somehow:rolleyes:

I have been using Gellux since April and it's really popular with my clients
I find when it comes to removal you need to buff the top coat first and then I soak in foil finger parcels I find soaking for about 30 mins does the trick. It does help to have a bit of heat when soaking x

Well itried it it went on lovely, stayed realy well but omg the removal. Iused magis foils left on 20 min and it didnt budge. so i lightly filed nails to remove top coat and reaplied foils using acetone, kept my hands warm under a wheet bag...20 min later it had flaked a little. Ended up scraping it off and it was all powdery, still have little bits on my nails cause i ended up in a cold sweat lol. Wouldnt use this on a friend let alone a paying customer. Unbelievably my nails dont look too bad but for me the whole point of using a gel polish was so i wouldnt have to buff of like with gel Will be trying another brand though im sure temptation will get the better of me and ill be wearing it again, just to see if i can improve on removal somehow:rolleyes:

Hmm... Have you tried removing 80% with your file and then soak the rest of? I think that will work better (and faster)...

Hi i couldnt leave it alone so have it on again at the mo. When it comes to removal going to try both of the above removal tips to see how they work. Thanks for the tips x

Thanks for the advise. I filed a bit more than before then heated (this time with a hot water bottle) and it came off much better and quicker, just 15 min. Gonna go buy some more colours now :)

Wish I had read this thread before tonight, just taken me nearly an hour to remove old gellux! :(

Latest posts

Back