Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't find it an effort to remove, the pic attached is me soaking mine off tonight, wrapped for about 10 mins, you can see it's practically fallen off. I use the easy off base x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412542897.738949.jpg

That's how I find it too. I never understand why people find it so hard to remove.
Do you use the Gellux remover or plain acetone?

I use the gellux remover. The only people I struggle with are those with very cold hands! A heat pack works a treat or I warm the remover x

Thank u all for your comments, I'm sticking with gellux as spent out so much money so far. Think I just need more confidence & practice practice. Xx

I love Gellux...I have been using it for over 2 years now, myself and my clients love it! Like stated, if used correctly, it is simple to apply and remove :) here is some of my work using Gellux..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412804243.965980.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412804272.846143.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412804293.506504.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412804325.259853.jpg

I love the nail art. I tried to do polka dots which looked really nice and then I put the top coat on and it all smudged :-(

I'm struggling to take it off though, seems to take ages!! I'm buffing nail first using gelux remover & foil wraps. It's taking like 40 mins to take off then I'm scrapping it off.... Really frustrating. Any tips please? X

I'm struggling to take it off though, seems to take ages!! I'm buffing nail first using gelux remover & foil wraps. It's taking like 40 mins to take off then I'm scrapping it off.... Really frustrating. Any tips please? X

Are you applying base coat really thinly? Also not too thickly with the colour?x

Yeah all my layers are thin coats. Any ideas? Xx

I find I hard to remove if I haven't applied the base properly. I wipe nearly all excess off of my brush and dap each nail of one hand, then go back and really work it in. I turn the brush the other way and paint outwards towards the free edge to make sure nails are capped properly then turn the brush back and paint at normal and really scrub the product in. A little really does go a long way. Doing it this way really solved my lifting at the free edge issues and made removal sooo much easier. Also to remove I use a cotton ball (this is enough for all 10 fingers) break into pieces, soak thoroughly in remover and use heavy duty hairdressing foil to wrap. If your using heat to speed up the process you need to be careful it doesn't dry out the remover making the product kind of set again. Hth x

Yeah all my layers are thin coats. Any ideas? Xx

No other than thin coats and really soaking with remover/acetone xx

Latest posts

Back