Quantcast

Gelmany

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
667
Location
Leeds, UK
Just dropping a quick note to say that I am currently 'out of the office' so to speak till next week as I am in Germany doing fabulous secret things ;)

Anyhoo... carry on as usual... Mrs Geek is holding the moderator court (in case any more silly posts start cropping up) so you are in very good hands.

Toodles and nJoy
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
GELmany - bloody hysterical babe!
 

Debs

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
36
Location
Essex
These secret things won`t have anything do to with GEL will they??????????
Unless you just can`t spell, or is it you`re sooooooooo busy you haven`t even got time to time properly, lol
 

nonacrylicgel

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
Oh well see you in Germany.

Launch of the odd 50 new products ( all nail, hand and foot care thought, we don't want to diversify what we know best)

Hopefully we'll meet up on the MAha Stand!.

Lots of Luv:|


The Nail Geek said:
Just dropping a quick note to say that I am currently 'out of the office' so to speak till next week as I am in Germany doing fabulous secret things ;)

Anyhoo... carry on as usual... Mrs Geek is holding the moderator court (in case any more silly posts start cropping up) so you are in very good hands.

Toodles and nJoy
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,232
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
What a play on words :lol: Bloody great Sam
 

nonacrylicgel

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
For the normal reader I would like to point out that this is wittier than taking sand to the Sahara and thinking you had reinvented the sand grain....

Germany is 90% gel already.:)

But I suppose because of that the nail technicians won't need convincing why L & P is yesterday's technology.:rolleyes:

In case anyone doesn't know the Dusseldorf Show is the world's biggest nail event of any quality. Unbelievable stands the size of football pitches and some 70,000 trade visitors ( no students ) A real Mecca for all things nails both hand and foot.

If you ever want to see the future of nail care for the UK market then go to Dusseldorf.

4 biggest stands: alessandro, american nails, LCN nails and Hollywood Nails by market share. ( alessandro and american nails operate closed stands as they now dominate the market they only let bona-fidae customers onto the stands ) ps... these are all gel companies.:rolleyes:


Anyway would luv to see u all there.:)
 

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
667
Location
Leeds, UK
Um witbags... Then I am sure you are aware that the show is next weekend and (as per my post) I will be back by then? Um... for Olympia... right?
 

nonacrylicgel

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
duh for me on that one then.

after all to err is to be human.....:)

The Nail Geek said:
Um witbags... Then I am sure you are aware that the show is next weekend and (as per my post) I will be back by then? Um... for Olympia... right?
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Does this mean you will be up for a geeky meeting at Olympia then ????? As you have missed Duesseldorf and what a beautiful city it is too............. The KU-Damm is just fab ...
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
who's this too Ruth - GMG or NAG???? Maybe NAG will not be at Olympia and that is why Dusseldorf is being discussed???? They are at the same time:|
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England
The Nail Geek said:
Um witbags... Then I am sure you are aware that the show is next weekend and (as per my post) I will be back by then? Um... for Olympia... right?

WITBAGS ......... :lol: :lol: go on geek change his name to this you've got the power........... rolf....

PSML :p
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
LOL Well I honestly thought Duesseldorf was this weekend lol...........
See goes to show what I know lol.........
But hey maybe NAG will be at Olympia ????????

But hey if anyone is out there for the German show , this is where you wanna be ...Dont miss this .....19.-21.03.2004........Stand 15B19
Creative Germany Maha.........
 

Janosch1974

Active Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Hello,

Only a few days to go.....
I´m from Germany and Düsseldorf is only a half hour away from me....
Of course I will go there at the weekend....
somebody said that germany os about 90% in gels... thats true, but I prefer CND Retention,....and I think L&P becomes more popular year by year,....every new customer tells me that my nails look much more nicer than the "gel"nails...they are much thinner...because there are only a few studios that can do very nice gel-nails...the white free edge is soooo thick....horrible!!
L&P is a great product, but here in germany "alessandro" has said that it damages the nail, etc and therefore a lot of nailtechs think so and tell it to their customers, too. :mad:

hope, this lie will be forgotten someday....

Diana
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
Janosch1974 said:
Hello, Only a few days to go.....
I´m from Germany and Düsseldorf is only a half hour away from me....
Of course I will go there at the weekend....
somebody said that germany os about 90% in gels... thats true, but I prefer CND Retention,....and I think L&P becomes more popular year by year,....every new customer tells me that my nails look much more nicer than the "gel"nails...they are much thinner...because there are only a few studios that can do very nice gel-nails...the white free edge is soooo thick....horrible!! L&P is a great product, but here in germany "alessandro" has said that it damages the nail, etc and therefore a lot of nailtechs think so and tell it to their customers, too. :mad: hope, this lie will be forgotten someday....Diana
Hmmmm - now isn't this an interesting post!!!!:lol:
 

nonacrylicgel

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
Hmmm....ratification, thank-you. By the way as the company which you named has traded for 25 years and started with L & P 25 years ago when there were effecitively no gel users your statement needs a little bit of amendment. Germany in past 100% L & P, Germany now 90% gel.

As to why the Germans who are known for their professionalism, efficiency and excellence in all things engineering including engineering the "perfect product" went over to GEL I can only leave you to wonder.

But thanks for the ratification anyways.


Mrs Geek said:
Hmmmm - now isn't this an interesting post!!!!:lol:
Janosch1974 said:
Hello,

Only a few days to go.....
I´m from Germany and Düsseldorf is only a half hour away from me....
Of course I will go there at the weekend....
somebody said that germany os about 90% in gels... thats true, but I prefer CND Retention,....and I think L&P becomes more popular year by year,....every new customer tells me that my nails look much more nicer than the "gel"nails...they are much thinner...because there are only a few studios that can do very nice gel-nails...the white free edge is soooo thick....horrible!!
L&P is a great product, but here in germany "alessandro" has said that it damages the nail, etc and therefore a lot of nailtechs think so and tell it to their customers, too. :mad:

hope, this lie will be forgotten someday....

Diana
 

Janosch1974

Active Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
I only said what is true.
I have a "handbook" from alessandro, what a friend of mine gave to me when she did her course with them. And in this book there is a copy of the chemicals in the L&P products from creative. and alessandro writes "the liquid damages the nail, it can go into the blood (!) and so on,....
I have never seen a company that does such a bad thing to an other company than a. does.
i think this should be said-why should I not name this company when it does the same?? They tell lies to the public-only to sell their own products. I`ve done my creative course- they never said anything bad about gels or other companies.
and the only reasons that in germany are so many nailtechs using gels is because it is easier to work with, a lot of nailtechs i Know only put gel on the nails like polish...without c-curve. with L&P you have to mix the correct ratio (gels have it already) and sculpt the nail... and the other reason is the odour. people think that the odour is something that makes them ill, ...
and last but not least: there are only a few companys that do a great l&P course,....so nailtechs can`t learn how to handle this great product. But it is fact, that all "winning"nails here in the shows ( dusseldorf, frankfurt,..) are doe with L&P, not gel-nails. that shows, that the "perfect" germans that you are talking about KNOW how nice nails have to look like...but most of the techs can`t master them...
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England

nonacrylicgel

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
Hmm...

gel has won many of the show competitions. Please take the time to check the records.

However show nails don't have to last on the clients nail longer than a few hours.....
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England
someone get a big padlock!!!!!!!!

I would like you to read some other post nag and see if you can give some good advice instead of being such a PIA, give it a try helping someone will make you a better person............. well maybe.........
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
Janosch1974 said:
I only said what is true.
I have a "handbook" from alessandro, what a friend of mine gave to me when she did her course with them. And in this book there is a copy of the chemicals in the L&P products from creative. and alessandro writes "the liquid damages the nail, it can go into the blood (!) and so on,....
I have never seen a company that does such a bad thing to an other company than a. does.
i think this should be said-why should I not name this company when it does the same?? They tell lies to the public-only to sell their own products. I`ve done my creative course- they never said anything bad about gels or other companies.
and the only reasons that in germany are so many nailtechs using gels is because it is easier to work with, a lot of nailtechs i Know only put gel on the nails like polish...without c-curve. with L&P you have to mix the correct ratio (gels have it already) and sculpt the nail... and the other reason is the odour. people think that the odour is something that makes them ill, ...
and last but not least: there are only a few companys that do a great l&P course,....so nailtechs can`t learn how to handle this great product. But it is fact, that all "winning"nails here in the shows ( dusseldorf, frankfurt,..) are doe with L&P, not gel-nails. that shows, that the "perfect" germans that you are talking about KNOW how nice nails have to look like...but most of the techs can`t master them...
Well it's actually nice to hear some 'truth' for a change!! Thank you for sharing your experiences... as one of the geeks said earlier - what goes around - comes around :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top