Gels or acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayM

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to go on either a gel or acrylic course. Which do you find most popular?

I know I read on a thread about a product that had been brought out to compete against the nail bars that use MMS. What is this product?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!!! X

I'm interested to see replies on this also- not sure wither to go for gel or acrylic to start off. Currently doing mani/pedi/gel polish.

I'm interested to see replies on this also- not sure wither to go for gel or acrylic to start off. Currently doing mani/pedi/gel polish.
I'm doing my mani/pedi tomorrow x

I do every nail treatment, & acrylics & shellac are by FAR my most popular xx

Ive seen a slow migration with some of my clients from l&p (acrylic) to gel over the years. I think a lot of this is due to clients being mis-informed or hearing horror stories about NSS' about liquid & powder "ruining your nails" where us fully qualified nail techs all know this isn't the case! Gel & l&P have their strengths & weaknesses, to give you a quick generalisation gel is a much "softer" & flexible product altogether and better for those clients with harder nails & liquid & powder is generally better for those clients who have weaker nails. Gel is ready to go it's just application you have to master. l&P you have to "mix" to you have to get the ratio of your liquid to your powder right. Clients often have in their mind what service they'd like but if I think it's not suitable for them I'll advise otherwise. That's why I think it's nice to be able to offer both!

Latest posts

Back