Gels Over Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
I've just added to another entry where someone asked if gels could be used to infill acrylics and I replied that I'd done this on some acrylics of my mum's and it had worked well but just one question please - if I wanted to do the infills with acrylic but then put the gel on top to add as a shiny top coat will it affect the acrylic underneath at all as it hasn't yet totally polymerised? Hope this doesn't sound too dumb a question :o

Thanks peeps
Love Mish

I dont suppose its any different to my perma gloss which is a gel topcoat designed to be put over acrylics? x

As long as there is a grip for the gel to hold onto it will work fine..........
Gel needs a 180 grit grip so to speak........... so dont buff the nail to smooth.......and make sure you cap the edge....
L&P fully cures in 24-48 hours to speed this up you block out the oxygene....hence we use solar oil....... So no problems there the gel will do that for you...............
HTH

Thanks for that girls - so Ruth, instead of buffing to a high shine shall I just stop once I've got my smooth shape with say the 240 grit file? Thing is my bio sculpture gel goes straight over other layers of gel which are smooth but do I take it it makes a difference when it's over gel? :confused:

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back