Gelux, dull finish, 12 or 13 watt lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazza16

Reaction score
Hi nail ppl, can I use 12 watt instead of 13 watt lamp on GELUX, just starting out, having trouble with even application, seem to be flooding uneven cuticle, this I expect will come with confidence and practice. I've notice that since using my new led 12 watt lamp, more color comes off with I remove sticky residue at end of treatment and it leaves a dull color. Is this because I chose the wrong lamp 12watt when I should have paid double cost for the Gelux 13watt?? Are they dry enough? Can I cure for 60 seconds instead of 30 ?? will this guarantee the cure, ?? I have had to put top coat to bring back the shine? Is this ok? :Scared:Feeling deflated, frustrated. Also been reading bad reviews on here about GELUX I haven't removed any yet, am worried about that as well as my crapy application, loosing confidence by the minute. Any replies would be great, thanx

You should use the correct lamp for the product you're using. You can't cut corners on these products. Or everything will go belly up....as you've discovered!

Gellux is great, when used correctly. When you say "top coat" I'm assuming it's a Gellux top coat? Or just a random top coat nail varnish?

Have you done any training in this product?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

How was you trained to apply gel polish ? Did you think it is normal to apply a top coat for your system ?

I used to use Gellux and the Gellux led lamp and had no issues.
Are you wiping after colour coats? Whoch top coat are you applying ie which brand?

If you can provide more info we may be able to give you some pointers. Where did you train? Your educator shoukd have covered this with you so I'd definitely suggest contacting them and asking for more help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back