Get rid of teal/green in hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score
My client loved her teal colour ends but decided was too high maintenance , so then bleached ends but her hair is still green tinged , she now wants to go a balayage caramel colour on ends, please can you tell me which is best way to go, as I'm aware red naturalises green but am unsure best rout to take?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 39
If the teal was originally from a direct dye, bleaching the ends wasn't a good idea as its driven the colour further in and effectively stained the cuticle layer. A better option for future reference would be to apply a permanent clear plus 6% but, I don't think it will be very effective on your current client.

You could try a red based semi carefully applied onto the green and then rinsed out before applying your target colour. Realistically, you're best off keeping the previously green pieces a darker colour and using your balayage brush to carefully lighten the remaining hair on the ends that wasn't previously green.
I hope that makes sense?

Like the person before said I agree probably out a red based colour on just to neutralise the green out but after that for a caramel base probably wella 8/38 and 9/16 equal parts :) x

Latest posts

Back