Getting a grant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaibaby

Reaction score
Has anyone ever got a grant to help pay for starting up as a mobile nail tech ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you might need to give a little more information about your situation. In the nicest possible way, everyone would like to be given a grant to start a business/get free training but only a very tiny percentage of people would be eligible for one. It would depend on circumstances, whether you are working or claiming benefits, what you would want the grant for, how much you would need and how it would be spent as well as any number of other things to be considered.

I'm sure there are lots of people who can help if you can give more info though.

Sorry should of explained a bit more.
Single mum on income support, going on the gelish training, to become a mobile nail tech, just wanted to know if there is anything out there to help with the cost of starting up, with the kit, colours, etc

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Depending on your age you can apply for a 24+ grant

I would start of by talking to your lone parent advisor, they know their stuff when it comes to things like this.

If your under 30 try the process Trust hun x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are there grants like this?

No offence to anyone but I don't understand why most of us have to scrimp and save, alongside working a full time job, to be able to start a business that we are passionate about when others get given it on a plate?

Now I understand why you get the 'messers' and people who do it for a bit of fun and can charge £10 a set....not aimed at you OP.

You'd probably be entitled to get help if you were training with a college, for an NVQ or other recognised qualification.

It's unlikely you will get a grant for training with a private educator such as Harmony. You might be able to get some help from the princes trust, if you're under 30.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm pretty sure the 24 + loans are only for higher education such as level 3 and above and cover college courses rather than being a loan into your bank account for stock and set up costs.

It may be worth contacting your local college and asking which payment plans they can offer. My local college offers free courses if you are in receipt of certain benefits but again, set up costs need to be paid by yourself

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can get very low cost loans from your local credit union. There are also sites where you can look for local grants. These are often given out once a year from trusts but each have different criteria

I trained with the local college using NSI which funded with me being a lone parent, I'd speak with your lone parent advisor.

It wasn't the best course but it was a start which a lot of people don't get so I was very grateful for it.

Latest posts

Back