Getting a perfect margin with gel-help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert666

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I hope you're all okay? I've been doing gel nails (using Gellux) for a while now but am increasingly starting to notice something that is a) winding me up and b) getting me down!! Basically, I paint the gel on and have a perfect (to my eye anyway!) margin between the polish and the cuticle- I then cure it and have noticed that its coming out a bit, well, squiffy!! I really concentrate and take my time to get a straight line on the polish so this is really frustrating me.

Does anyone have any hints or tips in how to correct or prevent this? I know when I did the basic manicure training at college, they told us that if you did flood the cuticle not to worry because you can clean it up with a cocktail stick with cotton wool soaked in remover on the end, so is there a little handy trick that I can use with gel please?

Thanks geeks!

I have good luck with running a small dotting tool around the cuticle area, cleans up real nice. :)

Thanks Bo... Do you just use it 'clean' or with remover? Xxx

If it's not too much of a mess, say just a little crooked, I used the dotting tool dry. If its up on the skin then I would dip the ball into alcohol and slightly blot then clean up. If I've made a right mess all around the skin I take a thin angle brush damped in alcohol to clean. But love my dotting tools for quick work to straighten out a crooked line.

Latest posts

Back