Getting back into the swing of things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstyhow

Reaction score
So I started nails in Oct 2015, doing it mobile and enjoyed building my business up. In April 2016 due to me needing more money to support myself I started working full time in a Estate Agents. I love property and the business didn't take too much of a hit, until Oct 2016...

I had a serious outbreak of eczema had to take around 4 months off work. I couldn't move, and if I did my skin cracked and wept. I was hospitalised twice in the same day due to infection and was on IV antibiotics. All of this may I add was completely freak and nothing to do with the nail chemicals etc. Anyway since Feb/Mar I've slowly been getting better and now want to really get going with my nails again.

However after being out so long all the nerves have come back and I'm just lacking confidence. Had anyone got any tips? Or any tips of how to get back into things (offers, social media etc)

I did an offer where I gave away 4 free sets, and instead of payment they had to recommend me and hand out my business card when someone noticed their nails, so idk it's an idea.

Anyway the only way to build back up your confidence is to get out there and work on people's nails. You could work on friends and family until you're feeling ready to tackle new customers, that would be my best advice. If you're just trying to get used to using the products again there's always practice hands. Good luck!

Thank you for replying, that's sounds like a good idea, I might get a couple of friends involved.

I've got a few appointments booked in it's just getting back into it properly.

Latest posts

Back