Getting manicures to last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amartinez1020

Reaction score
For clients who are harder on their nails but want a regular manicure, what do you use or how do you get the polish to last? I've tried Chip Skip by OPI but manis still aren't lasting. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Amber

I coat a lot of gel and it lasts longer.

I was told to temporary dehydrate the nail. I use bond aid from opi after using alcohol to wipe the nail clean. Bond aid turns the nail white just like scrub fresh. Or u could use scrub fresh the base and polish

For clients who are harder on their nails but want a regular manicure, what do you use or how do you get the polish to last? I've tried Chip Skip by OPI but manis still aren't lasting. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Amber

Have you tried CND Vinylux? It is their latest innovation, a polish that lasts a week!
You don't need aggressively dehydrate the nail just regular PEP ,2 coats of vinylux colour and then 1 coat of vinylux top coat.
You don't use a base coat with this system as it has adhesion promoters built into the colour coat.
It is a gift .

I find Orly Bonder as a base really makes a difference.

Have to agree with Rinn here. Vinylux is freakin' UH-mazing! Manicures are lasting a full week.

But I find with regular polish, a good clean/scrub of the nail plate with Scrubfresh usually ensures a good polish bond for me. And if I'm not using Vinylux, I always use CND Sticky as my basecoat. :)

Latest posts

Back