Getting more than one set from Minx.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there are some great ideas on here for your left over minx. However I'm with you in that 9/10 I can only get 1 set out of my minx sheets. I have tried the idea of turning them side ways but find most clients nails are too long for that. We charge £20 for minx and since the new sheets came out I'm thinking I'm going to have to put my price up to £25 to make it even remotely worth my while.
I always have minx and match designs on my feet but so far no-one has gone for them even though they look fantastic. They all just want straight forward minx. :sad:

Hi there are some great ideas on here for your left over minx. However I'm with you in that 9/10 I can only get 1 set out of my minx sheets. I have tried the idea of turning them side ways but find most clients nails are too long for that. We charge £20 for minx and since the new sheets came out I'm thinking I'm going to have to put my price up to £25 to make it even remotely worth my while.
I always have minx and match designs on my feet but so far no-one has gone for them even though they look fantastic. They all just want straight forward minx. :sad:

You should be pushing the uniqueness of getting 'Minx and match'

Anyone can have straight forward Minx but to have the big toe done in a different design - rockstar'd or crystals or shelac'd - will mean the set are more individual and they can reflect that persons style and individualism.

Most people dont want to be 'the same as so-and-so down the road' so will go for something a bit different, you of course are going to have to add some creativity to your pitch and be able to encourage people to have different things (would be no good if 3 people end up having the 4 toes in the same design with the big toes exactly the same IFKWIM) you will need to steer the clients into having different colours or designs and make sure you dont replicate the same designs and colours too much at the same time.

I love the effect of doing a french tip on the crystals and that could be done with so many colour combinations that you could still do french crystals on lots of people at the same time but try to ensure the colour combo's are different.

The same with rockstar toes they can be done all one colour or varying shades of the same colour or with different colours fading into each other or with a simple design put on them like zebra stripes to match the four small toes.

If you dont encourage people to be a little adventurous then most will just settle for plain Minx, but if you make it sound so good that they will stand out and be individual then lots of people will be happy to be unique.

i always get at least 2-3 sets from a sheet. u can always overlap 2 smaller ones if u need to if its quiete patterned youll never notice i do this alot if theres no big toes left xx

Hello
I really want to start doing minx asap. Where do i start... where do i get the stuff from, how much should i charge and where can i train?!
Any help would be much appreciated please xxxxxx:):):)

Hello
I really want to start doing minx asap. Where do i start... where do i get the stuff from, how much should i charge and where can i train?!
Any help would be much appreciated please xxxxxx:):):)

Are you Manicure trained? You need to update your profile so everyone can help you more with your questions :)

I'm with you on that Kate! baggybear I think ur ideas are great and pic too, I don't do rockstar myself and I do really prefer minx alone myself.. I find the preferred alternative is to shellac the small toes and minx the big one.. I've tried to not do this as it basically wastes a whole sheet then.. I will mention trying crystals to my clients though to see how that goes, how long does it take u to do the 2big toes? Do u charge same as minx? I could get 2sets easily out of the old template it's purely because the 2nd one is now smaller/thinner.. Read a post saying it would be cool to have a sheet of all big toes... Would love that! Xxx

I'm with you on that Kate! baggybear I think ur ideas are great and pic too, I don't do rockstar myself and I do really prefer minx alone myself.. I find the preferred alternative is to shellac the small toes and minx the big one.. I've tried to not do this as it basically wastes a whole sheet then.. I will mention trying crystals to my clients though to see how that goes, how long does it take u to do the 2big toes? Do u charge same as minx? I could get 2sets easily out of the old template it's purely because the 2nd one is now smaller/thinner.. Read a post saying it would be cool to have a sheet of all big toes... Would love that! Xxx

For Minx on 4 toes and clear swarovski crystal big toes (done in soak off gel) I charge £50 for coloured swarovski crystals it's £55.
For other wraps and clear swarovski crystal big toes I charge £45 and coloured swarovski crystals it's £50.
Minx alone is £25 and other wraps are £20.
Minx on 4 toes with rockstar big toe is from £30 and other wraps with rockstar big toe is from £25 (price is dependant on how much work the rockstar design they want is going to be).

It takes me about an hour and a half to do the crystals especially if it's a more fidley design like the french tip as trying to ensure the crystals are sitting correctly to get the french looking the same all along the tip (I am a perfectionist lol).

I agree the sheet of just big toes would be a fab thing but I can't see any company actually doing them :cry:

i always get at least 2-3 sets from a sheet. u can always overlap 2 smaller ones if u need to if its quiete patterned youll never notice i do this alot if theres no big toes left xx

Don't get me wrong this has crossed my mind but I can't help but think this is cheating the client. Whether or not you can tell I wouldn't want this done to me.

Don't get me wrong this has crossed my mind but I can't help but think this is cheating the client. Whether or not you can tell I wouldn't want this done to me.

I have to say I dont like the idea of overlapping wraps. I think there is a chance of dirt, fluff and things getting trapped along the join and looking dirty.

I'm a perfectionist and am left unhappy if I can see a crease or a gap even though I know my client wont be able to see these things. I feel I get more business because I pay attention to these things and people know it, my toes last for 6 weeks or more if the growth isn't too bad and not 1 of my clients has lost a wrap at any point (unless they picked it off - tut tut).

For Minx on 4 toes and clear swarovski crystal big toes (done in soak off gel) I charge £50 for coloured swarovski crystals it's £55.
For other wraps and clear swarovski crystal big toes I charge £45 and coloured swarovski crystals it's £50.
Minx alone is £25 and other wraps are £20.
Minx on 4 toes with rockstar big toe is from £30 and other wraps with rockstar big toe is from £25 (price is dependant on how much work the rockstar design they want is going to be).

It takes me about an hour and a half to do the crystals especially if it's a more fidley design like the french tip as trying to ensure the crystals are sitting correctly to get the french looking the same all along the tip (I am a perfectionist lol).

I agree the sheet of just big toes would be a fab thing but I can't see any company actually doing them :cry:

Great, thanks baggybear much appreciated.
Hopefully someone will see sense and start minx sheets with big sizes :)

the client always knows and has the option, if they really want that design and there isnt enough theyre always happy to have them overlap a tiny bit to get the one they want , id never just do it without asking them . as long as the minx is applied properly i wouldnt see a problem overlapping as its totally sealed down just as if it was straight on the toenail and last same amount of time x

the client always knows and has the option, if they really want that design and there isnt enough theyre always happy to have them overlap a tiny bit to get the one they want , id never just do it without asking them . as long as the minx is applied properly i wouldnt see a problem overlapping as its totally sealed down just as if it was straight on the toenail and last same amount of time x

Do you have any pics? Would love to see a set of overlapped to see how they look out of interest xx

So, they actually overlap.. or join right up?

I'm shocked (not disbelieving you though) that they don't peel off if they're overlapped as they're intended to stick to the nail plate, not the shiny surface of the MINX itself - just a little puzzled in my head as I've had odd stray bits attach themselves onto the toes when I've been cutting and MINX'in before and it's always been pretty obvious when a cutting has landed onto of it? :)

I just adore minx, have been using them about 3 months now. I'm now able to get at least 2 sets out of 1 packet... I really think its essential to make it worth my wile doing them. Wen I have them under the lamp you can stretch them slightly to cover that wee tiny gap at side of nail that's sometimes left. Can't wait to get another order in.

So, they actually overlap.. or join right up?

I'm shocked (not disbelieving you though) that they don't peel off if they're overlapped as they're intended to stick to the nail plate, not the shiny surface of the MINX itself - just a little puzzled in my head as I've had odd stray bits attach themselves onto the toes when I've been cutting and MINX'in before and it's always been pretty obvious when a cutting has landed onto of it? :)

Will save wastage and make a packet go further, I haven't tried over lapping but will give it a shot on a friend perhaps?? x

nope doesnt peel off been doing minx nearly 2 years and never had a problem doin this :) saves waste and you wouldnt even notice as its only overlapped slightly to join them to mke 2 smaller ones into 1 big toe, as long as its stretched and sealed properly they stay on just the same xx

Latest posts

Back