Getting nail varnish off skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on how to get varnish off skin? The dry skin at the sides of toes really grabs it and yesterday my client returned with Shellac from last time for me to remove PLUS over the top a good couple of untidy coats of a strong green varnish which I did my best to remove but tbh I had to crack on due to time constraints but altho I got it all off her nails, it did cling to the skin a bit and I can only hope it won't last much longer.
I mentioned it and she was fine but was there anything else I could have done? I started with nvr and even used acetone on it. X

If it stained her skin issuing hair dye remover works to get it off

Usually nourishing remover is good at this because of the added oils and such, it seems to soften the skin a little of you wrap the nail up like when removing Shellac and makes it easier to take the polish off

Best way is to try ro prevent it in the first place - rub oil into cuticle first (or use solar speed spray), then hold the pad onto the nail for 10-15 seconds and then swipe straight off.

Best way is to try ro prevent it in the first place - rub oil into cuticle first (or use solar speed spray), then hold the pad onto the nail for 10-15 seconds and then swipe straight off.
I can't prevent it lol she does it herself between appts! Good tip with the oil thank you

I can't prevent it lol she does it herself between appts! Good tip with the oil thank you

Yeah it's only when they've painted themselves and it's been on for ages! I've had it a couple of times where they've painted their toes dark and it sticks on the dry areas and side walls

Lol, the pest! Pass on the tip with the oil?

You're welcome :)

Latest posts

Back