getting qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feex18

Reaction score
Hi,

:confused:

I'm 33 and I have 3 kids the youngest being 2, I would love to be able to finnish hairdressing and get qualified but i just don't know what to do as it would be difficault to work in a salon full time, I started learning a few years ago but never got finnished due to financial difficaulties at the time and had to get annother job. also i would like to get qualified sooner rather than later as we may be immirgrating in a couple of years.

Any advise please.

Why not consider setting up a home salon from which to do hairdressing, if full time salon work would be difficult in terms of your childcare needs? At least then you should be able to fit the hours that you work around your children better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Most full time courses in hair now are 2 1/2 days, and sometimes offer a crèche for their students kids. It may be possible to do this and work still if you need to. You don't say how far you got into your course last time but you should be able to pick up where you left off. Also it's possible to fast track as a mature students, it really depends how dedicated you are.

It's a good idea, Ruth, to set up a home salon but unfortunately you would not be advised to do this if you are not qualified as you need to be supervised. :)

Most full time courses in hair now are 2 1/2 days, and sometimes offer a crèche for their students kids. It may be possible to do this and work still if you need to. You don't say how far you got into your course last time but you should be able to pick up where you left off. Also it's possible to fast track as a mature students, it really depends how dedicated you are.

It's a good idea, Ruth, to set up a home salon but unfortunately you would not be advised to do this if you are not qualified as you need to be supervised. :)

Thanks for the advise,
Yes i would like to work from home but yes i need to get qualified, i have seen some courses that offer fast track learning but it costs up to £6,000 and they are in London. it would be more ideal to do it in the evening but i have not seen any courses that offer this yet.
sorry yes i didn't say how far i got in my training well i got as far as learning to layer and perming, at the moment i do not need to work for money as we are very secure in that department so i can concentrate on hairdressing, but its just the children that's my main concern i mean its not easy to get child care you can trust. also i do have to tacke the other 2 to school and pick them up from school so i am very restricted.:confused:

Sorry, I meant for her to do this *after* she got her qualification. I would not recommend anyone to do treatments unsupervised without a recognised qualification and insurance!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi

I recently found out about a "train to gain" course which is FREE!!! It's NVQ level 2 or 3. 4 hours per week, usually in the evenings and all you have to do is 1 day in a salon!!!!

Look it up on the internet, there are lots of places offering it around the country. It's part of the governments initiative to get the stay at home mum's back into work.

Might be just what you need?

Good luck

Latest posts

Back