GHD quality

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kateadreena

Reaction score
I've had my GHD's for around 3 years now and i love them but i got my mum some of the new ones that are out now and i have to say.. I'm NOT impressed witht hem at all.. Everything about them seems cheeper, that and they drag on my hair compared to my old ones, suggesting maybe they're not getting as hot as my others, or that the plates aren't as good quality..

Has anyone else noticed this about their GHD's ?

i use ghds and have done for years.
what model where the ones you were using and what model has just been bought? im just curious as i had my old ghds fo about 3 years before i decided to sell them for the newer model and i didnt feel that they were any different.
i didnt know if that was a good thing meaning that my old ones woked like they were new or bad and that the new model wasnt as good as the old model if that makes sense.x

I've always found that ghd's grag on my hair. The straighteners i use in my salon are so much better. Everyone compliments on how good they are and they cost £30!

Any chance you could tell us what brand they are.:lol:

I use Nicky Clarkes. They are ionic, go up to 230 degrees and have a temperature control.
They match my salon colours too which is a bonus :)

Hey if the GHDs drag the hair they should be sent back to the manufacturer. A friend of mine who is also a client had a pair and they dragged and I tested them next to mine which happend to be older and hers were appearing to work fine. However they were dragging the hair like mad she sent them back and was sent a brand new pair. thy are professional quality and should not be doing this-I would get her to send them back hope this helps. xx

I've had 4 pairs of ghd's in the past and they've all done it. I just tend to get a lot of split ends with them. They have one temperature and they're not ionic.
Just because ghd are a big name it doesn't mean they are the best. I changed from ghd's to t3's which were much better but i have the nicky clarke ones at my salon and they are fab!

I agree with sending them back if you're not happy with them after all you've spent good money on them!

Have you tried Corioliss before? Check out their products they have a great range and loads more being launched this year. Their technology is extremely advanced and the designs are awesome...including the Swarovski Crystals!!!

MHD x x x

Latest posts

Back