Ginger roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie3371

Reaction score
Hi please advise my client is a true 6...has bleached hi lights wanted all.over tint so I used a 10 then put bleached foils in...I used 30 volume on roots. It's too golden. Would anyone recommend a lightening colour? Should I try 901s? Major el? She thinks it's ginger. Wants it really light not golden. Appreciate any advice. Thanks

Colour doesn't lift colour...

Hi please advise my client is a true 6...has bleached hi lights wanted all.over tint so I used a 10 then put bleached foils in...I used 30 volume on roots. It's too golden. Would anyone recommend a lightening colour? Should I try 901s? Major el? She thinks it's ginger. Wants it really light not golden. Appreciate any advice. Thanks
Are you qualified Julie? What tori said, colour cannot lift colour and not only that,you have bleached upon bleach?! Which is essentially compromising the condition of her hair. Also, you can not tone brassy tinted roots, with another ,lighter tint. This is basic colouring knowledge. You need to hit the root with something darker maybe on the level of a 6.1/ 7 .1 colour touch. run it through to ends then visually develop for around 15 minutes

Last edited:

Sorry, but your post isn't very clear.

Client is 6 natural?

Already has bleached highlights?

You put a tint that was a level 10something all over it?

Then applied bleach + 30vol at roots?

And it's now ginger?

Can you re-post with more detail and say what you are looking to achieve and your thoughts on what to do next?
None of us can see your client so you have to give really detailed info to enable us to help you.
'Really light' would mean different things to different people so you need to be exact and use technical descriptions.

10/8 kp is a fave of mine especially if natural is prone to throwing off warmth

Not clear if your clients hair was previously tinted or natural but If your client is a natural level 6 then you can only lift 2-3 shades with permanent tint anyway (assuming the hair wasn't tinted) so a 10 wouldn't give you the lift you need on a base 6, You would have needed to use a hi-lift tint. If you use loreal, The majiblondes have now been replaced with the majirel hi-lift range which come in neutral, beige, ash and violet depending on tone you want.

You forgot my fave!! Ash+

Latest posts

Back