Giving myself a hard time about taking so long to do nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel's25

Reaction score
I've been giving myself a hard time about taking so long and then my friend sent me this

NSS nails 40mins
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398279632.119481.jpg

2hr for my 3rd attempt at brisa lite sculpting French
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398279691.435437.jpg

Now I don't feel so bad! I am my own worst energy because of being a perfectionist I over think my work, and feel like I have to justify why I take so long. But you guys keep me inspired and give me strength and determination to succeed thank you xxx

Don't worry about taking so long if you've just started. Timing all comes with practice. I use to take 3 hours to do a full set. Your French is stunning and amazing for your 3rd attempt! 😄 don't worry about taking ages and clients will be so happy with the end result!

They're worth every minute of the two hours..

You'll get quicker with more practice :hug:

Your nails look so lovely! I would happily sit for 2 hours if that was the end result! Xx

I'd definitely sit and get them done for hours if that was the end result! They look so natural! I've never really considered acrylics before but I really like the look of yours! You might be changing my mind haha

Thanks ladies for your kind words!! this is brisa lite sculpting gel, I'd like to say I'm new at nails but have been doing them on and off since I qualified in beauty in 2001!!

Some jobs never had call for nails, and since having my daughter 3.5 years ago I've been part time doing nails and beauty. I'm going to book a 1-2-1 with a CND educator as still getting some lifting, just need to practice zone 3 application. My prep is fine as no other service breaks down xx

I'd be ecstatic with 2 hours!

I'm on my 3rd set of BL (tip & overlay), finished with shellac.

With setting up, all the prep (I really want to be sure everything is perfect!), IBX application, then the enhancements, finish with shellac and packing away in taking about 3.5 hours!!!
I am reducing the price as an introductory offer for my first few sets to make up for the slowness, but it's still shameful!!!

I know I'll get quicker, but it is frustrating!!

I just have to say your nails may take 2hrs but there really really good. I had such a hard time with timings at first but you do get used to every step and before you know it, you'll cut your times down more and more with every bit of confidence you get.

Latest posts

Back