Glitter acrylics, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemzabelle

Nails by Jemma
Reaction score
Hi, I use loose holographic glitters to mix with my clear acrylic powder to do glitter acrylics. However once I have filed the nails when I apply top coat there are always little specs of silver all over the nails regardless of what glitter colour I used, does anyone know what's causing this? Is it due to filing the nail? Thanks :)

You have filed into the glitter which has taken off the coloured coating. You need to cap in clear and then finish file.

You have filed into the glitter which has taken off the coloured coating. You need to cap in clear and then finish file.
Would this make the nails thick?

It could do if you've had to use A LOT of your glitter mix to get opaque coverage. But really that's a peril of using this application method. When you cap in clear it's literally one bead so shouldn't make any extra bulk.

Some glitters are simply coloured on the outside, and as Willowrose said you are filing the colour coat off. However not all glitters are made equal and you can buy some from Lecente which are actually coloured throughout which avoids this problem.

Latest posts

Back