Glitter Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard-as-Nailz

Reaction score
hi, i bought some pots of coloured glitters which are sprinkle pots, so you just put a base coat on where you want the glitter to go and then sprinkle away! i just wondered if any of you have done this and used the glitter sprinklers and whether you think they are any good as i havent actually used mine yet. also wot colours are popular with your clients as i have pink, green, and gold - wot other colours would be good? also (sorry to go on!) does the glitter stay on the nails long? thanks for your help in advance x:green:

Hey chicken!!!

What systems do you use?? I think it is more likely to stay on if it is put on with a system, such as gel or acrylic, I've not attempted putting it on using fibreglass.
But give it a go on your own nails and see whether it stays on!!! I'd advise having a cotton bud handy to remove the glitter from anywhere you dont want it tho.
Colours, I'd probly have a shimmery white, silver and blue aswell, but why not ask your clients, see whether they could suggest a colour they would chose coz at the end of the day they are the one's who are paying for it!!! he he

Hope I was some help for you!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya, thanx for the reply i will probably get some blue glitter and i dont currently use systems just do natural nails as im going to do a course this year hopefully, anyway thanx 4 the help! x

No to sure if putting this in the right place but here goes!! I've been practicing my glitter tips (acrylic) & find that when it comes to seal the glitter with clear it ends up on the nail bed as well. I wait & think the glitter is dry before doing this but it still ends up in zone 2 & 3 as well? What Am I doing wrong? it does look pretty but want a crisp smile line & tip not glitter all over!!!! Does it take a lot longer to dry glitter tips?

Just bumping this up!!! :)

i have had that happen to me too, and what i have been advised by other techs to do is 1) to do all the glitter tips first, wipe the brush clean get new liquid then do the nail bed, or 2) use two brushes, one for the tips and one for the nail bed. i do hope this is useful advice.. let me know how it works. i will also let you know as i have commissioned a friend to let me practice with some black glitter powder i have this evening so i will try and let you know how it goes ...okey. i have been inspired by the nails i have seen being done with black tips:) on this site

Thanks for that, really couldn't work out what I was doing wrong!! Will definately let you know!! I'll give it a go in next couple of days!! Finger's crossed!! :)

Latest posts

Back