Glitter tattoo prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decadence

Reaction score
Hi guys we have just bought a girls party kits from glitter body art, who seem to have the best prices !
We are unsure what to charge though we was thinking of £1 for the small ones and maybe £3.50 for the large ones ?
Any help would be great, and can you reuse the stencils ?

Regards
John and Mandy

hiya, there kits are great prices arent they, ive bought several of them i charge £1 for the mini ones and £2.00 for the larger ones but i know lots charge more. i just worked out that from a £15 kit i can earn a few hundred, at fairs you can do 100 in an hour or so easily. i found that at fairs alot of younger kids were there with a group of friends and only had somuch money so me being cheaper they could all afford to have a tattoo and still do something else. just a thougt for you.

its not advised that you re use stencils for cross contamination.

I also charge £1 for small and £2 for large tattoo's. I have the same theory as Souz. There is a lot of profit to be made and would prefer a higher volume of sales for a quick cash return then selling fewer tattoo's for more.

The tattoo's are not reusable for temporary glitter tattooing. However you can purchase airbrush tattoo stencils that are reusable. I have not tried these though. I doubt they are suitable for glitter tbh.

How long do the tattoos last?

I bought a kit for £100 from "For Now" temporary tattoos. ... which lasted 3 - 7 days and I only just made my money back. They recommended you charged £3 to £5 but people wouldn't pay it so I had to reduce my prices.

Ar these good quality and hypo-allergenic and ok for kids?

glitter body art do some fab kits and they always have specials on too, kits are around £15/20 with about 50 to 100 tattoos and then you can buy add on bits. They last about 7 to 10 days depending.

my theory was that if i did local fairs where there were lots of children then when the kids were getting tattoos the mums picked up one of my price lists. The last one i did i gained 4 new clients who then recommended their friends and i got another 3 regulars so for the cost of a kit and a few hours of my time i earned money on the day and got 7 clients!! I actually get alot of women that have them also, some for when they are going to balls have had them on their shoulder/ankle and in the summer when i did pedicures alot had them on their ankle too.

Wow Souz that's a great idea . . . . . I'm going to look into that! Did you find they were popular in the winter ie christmas or was it mainly in the summer? xx

It's because of Souz that my niece and nephew were covered in them during half term in order for me to get some shots to advertise on Facebook! Glitter body art is amazing, bought a bigger kit and got a fab leopard print box free too so I can carry it all around. I haven't yet started any parties but feel confident it will be a success. How do you advertise apart from Twitter and Facebook? Where do you aim at giving out flyers? I think £1 for small and £2 for large is very reasonable. I shall try and get some pics up now xxx

I also brought a kit from Glitter body art. It was £25 and I made my money back plus more the first time I used it at a pub summer fete. I still have loads of stencils and glitter left, although I only had approx 5 of each design and some of the girls popular designs went really quickly. The great thing is that you can buy the stencils separately. If you speak to Glitter body art they will customise the kits to include more of the stencils you want and less of the ones that don't sell as well.

I also offer face painting and use the glitter on my face painting designs as it is 'cosmetic grade'. I advertise my business when I'm working and also put out my spray tanning leaflets. I also take pictures of finished face paintings and tattoos to upload onto my website gallery and FB page (as long as I have signed parents consent). This way you get extra traffic and the potential for additional bookings when they go on to look at their little ones :)

Where can u buy these kits? Xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Here ya go x

Attachments

• cupcake.jpg
    cupcake.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,351
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 3,380
  • batman.jpg
    batman.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 9,215
Thanks for the reply guys
You can get these kits from www.glitterbodyart.co.uk they seem to be the most reasonably priced nail delights also do them but they are a bit more expensive

Regards
John and Mandy

Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

These look great. Saw one on my client today looked really affective and she was a grown adult.

Thinking of doing these myself, do u think its worth it?? Xx

What starter kit would you all recommend?

xxx

any of the kits are great, it depends who you are aiming them at

contact local schools/brownies/scouts etc and ask if you can have a stall at outheir local fete and have your flyers on your table while you are working...if you take someone along also they can speak to people for you....i usually get my mum to pop up and flash her nails about and chat to mums etc, shes a great pr person lol

This thread has really grabbed my attention. What do you need to start up? Xx

go to glitter body art and get a kit....everything you need is in the kit...id just get a small kit to start and then add to it as and when x

i got the party kit to start with and then got 100 mini stencils separate when i ran out of mini

Latest posts

Back