Glitter tips help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
Hi, i recently did my first glitter tip on myself but not sure if I've done it correctly, I did a acrylic nail extension with nsi attraction products, I then used nail glue on the tip and put fine glitter over the top, then did a thin overlay of acrylic over the full nail, Is this right? I don't think the smile line looks as neat as it should do?

1395086316082.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also this is the first acrylic i've done that didn't look dreadful lol x

Looks good Hun! Personally I mix the glitter in with the acrylic in a dappen dish to give 3d effect x

The nail looks great considering your first attempt!
I also mix in a dappen dish- just clear and chosen glitter.
You can apply to a clear tip or on a natural tip.
But when I first started I just used to use gel polish but definately glitter acrylic gives a better result once you perfect your technique. Practice on another nail and compare

Thank you hun, can i ask do you then just dip the brush in the liquid then dip into the powder/glitter mix? X

Yes sweetie pie :) you get a lovely effect from it. You can then put a thin clear layer of acrylic on top brings it out more x

Yes you just dip your brush in liquid then into the glitter/clear mix
You'll find your working ratio will be slightly different but you'll work this out when having a practice
Remember to work thinly and then use clear on its own to go over the whole glitter and then when you come to file and buff the glitter will keep its colour and not get scratched x

Brilliant, thanks ladies xx

Latest posts

Back