Glitter tips, sculpted, in training..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aangel

Reaction score
My first critique.
I am Still training and i did these today, they are sculpted with red glitter tips on one hand and gold on the other.
any tips and comments appreciated no matter how harsh, thanks xx

Hi there well done for posting as your still in training I will try to give you some pointers as to what I think needs work on, were your nails very short (do you bite?) If so I would not have sculpted but tipped these nails with a natural tip which would allow you then to set the smile line higher as your smile lines seem to be set a bit low down the nail therefore showing too much free edge (glitter) in relation to the pink area perhaps use a opaque powder for coverage which will allow you to extend the nail bed a little also the cuticle area seems to be dry with some tissue remaining like they have not been pushed back enough. You could do with posting a barrell & side view for a better critique. Keep practising and you will get there. I hope you find my critique helpful. xx

Thanks so much for your comments i will try and take on board everything you have said.
Hi there well done for posting as your still in training I will try to give you some pointers as to what I think needs work on, were your nails very short (do you bite?)These were not my nails, but yes the lady used to be a bad biter. she had done well and grown her natural nails quite well and didnt want to loose all that hard work which is why i decided to tip, if this was the wrong decision, i understand.
If so I would not have sculpted but tipped these nails with a natural tip which would allow you then to set the smile line higher as your smile lines seem to be set a bit low down the nail I hadnt noticed this untill now, but i was following her natural smile line. I will invest in a good "camoflage" pink. thanks for pointing this out!
therefore showing too much free edge (glitter) in relation to the pink area perhaps use a opaque powder for coverage which will allow you to extend the nail bed a little also the cuticle area seems to be dry with some tissue remaining like they have not been pushed back enough. I will take a bit more notice on this and invest in a cuticle cutter. no cuticle oil had been applied at this point, and a couple of her fingers were tender due to "step mothers blessings" type tiny cuts, so i may have been a little too gentle You could do with posting a barrell & side view for a better critique. I will ask her, or poss post this type after my next set.
Keep practising and you will get there. I hope you find my critique helpful. xx
Once again, thanks so much, i will take all you said and work on it. Thanks xx

Hi there you know nail biters give us some of our biggest challenges but also when you transform the nails they give the most satisfaction. I am sure you know the difference, but I used to get confused and was not corrected in my early training and used to cut with nippers the eponychium (I have since learnt the correct terminology and now know which is which) so be sure you dont confuse the cuticle (pterygium) with the eponychium which can sometimes appear thicker as the cuticle also builds up and can appear to be halfway up the nail plate on a nail biter, cuticle away is a great product (CND) for helping to remove the non living tissue from the nail plate - you can use nippers to do this after gently but thoroughly pushing back the cuticle. :hug:

Latest posts

Back