Gloopy nail polish? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, so my interview/trade test is tomorrow and I've been really practicing my painting with dark polish and a red. However, my red is a bit old and has gone kinda gloopy. It ruins the paint! As a therapist, is it just down to you to make it look good when it's gloopy or is the gloopy polish to blame? When I got fed up and took the red off and tried my dark purple it wasn't gloopy, went on nice and smooth and i did a very tidy paint. I'm TERRIFIED I'll get a gloopy polish. I have done in the past and it completely threw me off. Is it normal for salons to have gloopy polish? And what do you do about this? If I get one tomorrow can I mention the polish is a little gloopy? I'm fretting this will happen again and will affect my painting, as I'm actually quite good at it! But with a stringy or gloopy polish that dries too quickly as your painting it on leaving streaks it completely ruins the performance.

Also - should I be holding the bottle in my hand as i'm painting? I struggled with this especially today maybe it's last minute nerves, I was struggling to find a balance, I got a teeny weeny bit of the paint on myself from the top of the bottle. I'm shaky today mind you, I'm really worrying! So I'm not surprised my positive outlook has come crashing down... Could do with a little reassurance! Any advice for tomorrow? I'd really, really appreciate it!

A good salon is unlikely to have gloopy polish. Deep breath and .... Relax :)

Latest posts

Back