Going all blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head mechanic

Reaction score
I have had two clients come in in the last few weeks, wanting to go from natural 6/7, both with highlights and lowlights, to super pale blondes. I did not get the results I wanted either time, so I need some help??/
-Client one, naturally a light 7, with some highlights, and older lowlights. so for her, I painted my lightener onto her lowlights first, then applied to natural hair, skipping highlights as much as possible, then lastly applied to her roots.... After some processing I got her to what I thought was a uniform color, and after some toning it looked pretty good. I ran into her yesterday, and her lowlights are showing, now a yucky orange!!!
-Client two, told her during her consultation that we would not get her platinum today... She has a 6/7 natural hair color, with white blonde highlights, and maybe a level 3 lowlight. For her I did a Malibu c treatment first to attempt to remove the dark color, but it barely budged it. So I applied lightener to the dark, let it sit for a good bit before applying to the rest of her hair. Only got her to a orange stage, then applied a demi to give her a more uniform color. She is coming back in two weeks to repeat the process. But her lowlights are still VERY noticeable.

So my question is, what can I do to lift the lowlights? My main concern is healthy hair! I have been doing hair for about 2 years, and this is my first real experience with doing all over lightening. I used Paul Mitchell Syncro on them, should I use DPL? Or something else entirely? Im listening guys?

Latest posts

Back