Going from a % to as set rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
Hi ive been working in a hair and beauty salon for around 20months, i originally went in to cover as the beauty therapist who is there was going on mat leave. After 5 months she returned part time and i stayed on, we now do alternat days. Im self employed when i first started we a agree'd to a 50/50 split.
I feel like now id like to approach the owner and say id like to pay rent instead of giving her 50% of my takings as the clients i have built up are rightfully mine with rhe odd few that will see either me or the other therapist. They do nothing in the salon to 'promote me' i do it all off my own back and use my own facebook page which is fine but when im there i work as one of the team and help around the salon, help with tidying and reception when im free. I feel like its now time to sort of seperate myself from the salon itself while still working there and working aling the same team but have more control without me feeling like can't as its not my salon where if i had my own room id probably feel more in power which i shoukd do as i am self employed after all. Can anyone please help me and give me some tips, pointers, as to how to approach this as im starting to get a bit recentful, i feel like i deserve to have more of my takings now. Id like to sort rhis out so i can start after xmas. Also im not sure how to go about negotiating rent. I do think she will be open to this idea as it has been mentioned once before but obvs she will never push me on it as she is making kore from me by keeping me on a 50/50 split.

I would wait till new year before you suggest it as your takings will be lower which will affect her % too. Remember though that a set rent is payable even if u take holiday whereas on a % you are not out of pocket when away but she is.

What sort of money are you handing over on 50% on average? (if you don't mind saying) & what are you planning to offer as rent?

Latest posts

Back