Going Lighter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
Hi hope you can help

my original hair colour hair is brown, i had it highlighted yesterday with wella products 12% with 12/1. special ash blonde , I dont like the colour its my fault i chose this colour as i was scared of it being to serve if it was lighter as i have had brown hair for years.

Just wondering if I still could go lighter without too much damaged to my hair or without it going patchy every were. My hair is actually in really good condition, prior to having it highlited it was my own hair colur so it was free from any colourants

Thanks
:cry:

Hi hope you can help

my original hair colour hair is brown, i had it highlighted yesterday with wella products 12% with 12/1. special ash blonde , I dont like the colour its my fault i chose this colour as i was scared of it being to serve if it was lighter as i have had brown hair for years.

Just wondering if I still could go lighter without too much damaged to my hair or without it going patchy every were. My hair is actually in really good condition, prior to having it highlited it was my own hair colur so it was free from any colourants

Thanks
:cry:

Hi, dont worry , just go back to the hairdresser who did it and ask for some scattered lighter bleached foils in
a ( pale blond ) put through it , as long as a professional does this for you there should be no problems at all and this will bring the colour up lighter for you :hug: x

Thanks as long as its ok to have it re-done straight away wasn't sure if you had to wait

Last edited:
Hi , it will be fine to have them done straight away,
the hairdresser will just pick up pieces of the natural hair and bleach these up in foils.

If your hair is thick you could have some slices of pale blond plus woven foils too,
your hairdresser will advise you on this ,

try and cut out a picture of the blonde look that you like from a catalog or magazine,
so that the hairdresser can see by looking at the picture how light and what shade blonde you are after,

You already have your 21/1 highlights which are not quite light enough for you
so you will need to opt for extra foils of baby creamy blonde this will look great against the 12/1 blonde ones and your own natural base ,

Do find a good hairdresser or go back to the same one if you thought she placed them in ok :hug: hth minky x

Hi, im still only training (i qualify in June) in hairdressing but i do have product knowlegde when using Wella colours.
What is wrong with the colour? Is it not light enough? Too light? Not the right shade? The good thing with the 12 series is its the highest tint you could use without using bleach. So if its just the shade or tone you dontlike, you could use the 12 series again, but obviously use another shade.

Its according to really what is wrong with the colour.

xxx

Latest posts

Back