Going mobile, after a horrible experience!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Due to a very strange set of circumstances with the owner of the salon where I rent a room, I ended up having to unexpectedly move all my nail and beauty stuff out within 2 hours on Friday.

It was very surreal to have been able to move all the stuff, but thanks to some spontaneous henchmen, it went like a dream in 2 hours flat. However, everything, except what I need for immediate treatments this coming week, is residing in 4 different locations around town. :sad:

On the upside, I gained 4 new clients by the end of Friday.

I think I have most of the supplies for being a Mobile Nail technician, what I would like to know is what mobile technicians find to be the most useful bits of kit to use to make it work smoothly.

I have a portable couch already.

I am going to sell my static nail station and buy a portable one.

I have a Spray tan tent.

Not sure about how to transport my wax pot, if it has liquid wax in it.

I have a decorative ceramic pedicure bowl but it could prove too cumbersome to transport to clients homes. So need to look for something a little more user friendly.

Basically, I just need advice from all you mobile Nail techs/Beauty therapists. :) Any ideas ..

Sounds like you're most of the way there already. The pedicure bowl might get damaged in transit. You can get inflatable ones but I use a plug in foot spa. If using these or uv lamps make sure you have an extension lead that's something handy I've learnt!
Funny what life throws at us but I believe everything happens for a reason so it could be the best thing that's ever happened to you!
Good luck hun x

Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

I do mobile as well as being home based. I have recently bought a pedicure bowl with disposable liners and its proved to be a really brilliant buy :)
I use both hard and warm wax and I always make Sure my wax pot is in the front of the car on the floor or in a cardboard box, I did invest in a power inverter for the car which is basically plugged into the cig lighter and then provides an electric point for your pot to keep the wax hot while to travel to the next client. The wax does need to be warmed up to start with though...
I also have a stacking trolley, 3 different boxes clipped together, one with manicure things, one with waxing things and one for other bits.
Good luck with your new venture :) remember that all things happen for a reason even if at the time we don't understand....((((hug))))

For a good pedicure bowl then try Belava Pedicure Bowl Starter Pack
Catalogue Code: 011032 from beauty express, has liners which I found fab.

Good luck with going mobile, tho maybe keep your static desk in case one day you open a home salon, I'm just kitting mine out after saying I would stay mobile, but decided as I have a spare room to have the home facility too, so maybe keep just incase :)

Thanks for the ideas ladies.

I have to sell my nail desk as I just don't have the space for it. If I go back to having a room or salon. I will just get another one.

I had thought about the Belava Pedi Bowl so will have a look into that.

And, I do believe that I have a power inverter in my shed and some spare extension leads. Good ideas

Just been having a look at the cantilever mobile trolleys on ebay. So have ordered one of those. I have found a nice mobile nail desk which folds up flat on ebay too .. but I will order that once I have sold the other one.

I have hundreds of nail polishes that I don't know where to store. I just really have a lack of storage and space in my tiny house.

I know I will get there but the house looks like a bomb of products has exploded!!! ha ha

Awwww my house often looks like that lol

Your desk should sell easily, I've been hunting for one for ages that was near to collect within 1/2 or so and one never came up so bought a glass ikea table yesterday and your prob within 1/2 hour 45 mins so I'd stick it on eBay buyer collects :)

Seriously this could be the best thing ever and I wish you all the luck.

And yea extension lead, I learnt that the hard way, now have one perm in the boot of my car with a power cut of plug thing, just incase.

Maz .. yes I am about that far away from you. I am in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. oh the irony .. thanks for your advice and supportive comments .. xx

I too use the belava bowl with disposable liners. As for my wax, I pre heat before I leave for my client, cover the actual pot with good quality cling film (sounds weird,works brilliantly, no spills) then I put the lid on. Also have you pot only half full. I use a seperate bag and put it in the passenger foot well.

Good luck Nickie!! :hug::hug::hug:

I know you will make a success of whatever you do ... And one thing you don,t deserve is shabby, dishonest, greedy and self serving people in business. You never have to worry about being shafted when you are in control and your own boss.

You are a nice person ... You will attract nice new clients ( along with the many you already have) so you go girl. X

Hi Gigi

Thanks so much for your words and support, it means so much. by the end of friday I was a wreck but the upside was that I gained 4 new clients as well by the end of the day.

time to move on .. xxxx

Latest posts

Back