going mobile???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlalou

Reaction score
can anyone give me anytips on starting off mobile? ive been at home with the kids the last couple of years and have recently got a part time job in a salon on a self employed basis only problem is there isnt a great deal of new clients coming through the door so i thought about going mobile on my other days wen im not in the salon ive had some price lists made up but now i feel nervous about getting started, feel free to share ur mobile experiences as this will help me out cheers xxx:irked:

i too in same boat, been at home for 4 years with kids and went mobile last july. I was v v nervous to start with, but the more clients i got and the more they kept coming back to me the more my confidence grew.
I've managed to acquire almost 40 regular clients on a part time basis since last summer, i do friends and family and it grew from there, i offered 20% discount if clients recommended a friend etc which worked well.

I also had some flyers printed, vistaprint.co.uk 1000 for £30. I have only done about 4 or 5 20 min flyer drops in various streets locally and from them i have had 8 new clients.

I registered as self employed with the inland revenue and keep accounts of what i make and my outgoings etc, and keep all receipts when i buy anything.

I would say go for it! you choose your hours which is good, the only down side is not having a proper work station and backwash/equipmnt around you, but the positives outweigh the negatives by far!:)

o thankyou i think im gonna drop my flyers local and see what sort of response i get! i still feel nervous though i thinkits the thought ofgoinintoa strangers home where as in the salon u dont worry about that but, i need more clients so this is the only way and i dont wanna goemployed again cuz the earning potentialis so much lower, thanks for your advice x

Hii, i've been mobile for a while now & if you advetise properly you should get a lot of business! When i started out i ordered business cards form vista print they are really good coz you can order loads of matching promo tools. If you go to googlesites you can set up a free website and then you will be all set up to start advertising! I found that most of my business comes from internet adverts & of course recommendations. you can advertise for free on loads of internet sites Freeindex, Qype, touchlocal etc. just google 'free internet advertising'! You can have a look at my website if you want to get some ideas www.salonstyleathome.co.uk . Also if you get some window decals & door magnet made for your car with your business name & logo on it really gets you noticed!!!(vistaprint do all this at good prices) xx

Latest posts

Back