Going rate for beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettierae

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just leased my academy space, and it will also have a lash, brow and nail bar, all high end treatments. This is in addition to my original salon, which is 5 years old and busy busy busy!

We have rejigged the rooms so my original tanning room is now being rented out.

I'd like a rough idea what's the going rate? It's a busy village high street. It'd be opening in may. There's a new beauty couch in there, lovely decoration, a chair and cabinet. It overlooks the high street. We will be open Tuesday to Saturday. There will be a receptionist, all bills included, wifi, they could have the same advertising, and there will be clients in from day one.

It's a small to medium room, room for the bed with plenty of space but no room for a desk too.

Sooooo long story long.....! What's an acceptable rate for this per week?
Is there anywhere I can get basic contracts from to work from?
Any tips from anyone already doing this?
Do I have to give them keys?
Can I limit their treatments, I ideally want someone not doing nails?
Can I ask them to stick to a dress code?
Are they entitled to any rent free weeks?
If I put a lock on the door for them can I keep a spare key?
Is it acceptable to ask for a small deposit of £100 to cover damage to the bed, loss of keys etc?

Thanks in advance for all your help! X

Hi guys, I've just leased my academy space, and it will also have a lash, brow and nail bar, all high end treatments. This is in addition to my original salon, which is 5 years old and busy busy busy!

I'd like a rough idea what's the going rate? It's a busy village high street. It'd be opening in may. There's a new beauty couch in there, lovely decoration, a chair and cabinet. It overlooks the high street. We will be open Tuesday to Saturday. There will be a receptionist, all bills included, wifi, they could have the same advertising, and there will be clients in from day one.

It's a small to medium room, room for the bed with plenty of space but no room for a desk too.

Is it acceptable to ask for a small deposit of £100 to cover damage to the bed, loss of keys etc?

I am not experienced in this, but I know there is a room in a hairdressers that I used to go to for rent, they wanted £400 per week, i think that is excessive!!! Perhaps you could take a cut of their earnings per week - to help them out and to see how much they earn to set a reasonable price?

I think it is reasonable for you to ask them to stick to a dress code, as if i were renting out a room, i would expect that anyway, but people may have different views on that. i think perhaps instead of rent free weeks, maybe take a percentage when they are quiet as mentioned. I think you should give them keys or ensure you are there before they arrive so you can let them in...unfair to expect them to wait in the cold if you are running late. If you put a lock on the door, defo keep a spare key, it's your property and if a fire started out in there etc you need to get in, health and safety. But keep this in a secure place. Deposit i think would be fine, but make sure it's fully refundable should they not damage anything.

Sorry couldnt be of any more help but didnt want to read and run xx

I rent a room from with in a gym,
I pay £500 a month. I have my own key but they keep one as well. I got 1 month half price rent as I was starting from scratch. I paid 2 months rent up front as a deposit. If they are self employed I don't think you can tell them what treatments and uniform to wear unless you state it in the contract. Sounds like they will be getting a good deal though !! :) hope this helps

Thanks for your help :)

I rent a beauty room in a hair salon, its in a village but in a busy location.
I pay £15.00 a day regardless of my hours which is inclusive of all bills. ( i work 4 days)
The room is a lovely size sounds simular to yours as can't get a nail desk in but salon owner happy for me to use a space outside in hair salon at no extra charge.
I can do whatever treatments i like as only beauty therapist, although i know that some people who own nail bars and rent out a room for beauty has in contract no nails.
I do wear a uniform of my choice.
I provide all my own equipment, i rent an empty room, so maybe you need to ensure that you cover youself for equipment in case not looked after.
I don't at present have keys to the salon but then i work when the owner/ owners daughter is also working so not a problem.
I don't get days off from paying rent if i'm on holiday, except when the salon is also closed ( bank holidays )
Hope this helps.
Sometimes its a learning curve, i'm very lucky that the salon owner whats my buisness to work and is always helping out with specials together and talking and encouraging her own clients to give me a try.

I pay £25 a day in a busy hair salon and provide my own equipment and products. I don't offer nails on the days the nail techs are in but if they're off I do shellac. I wear my own uniform which the salon is fine with as long as I look smart, and I set my own working hours xxx

Latest posts

Back