Going self employed in a salon you were employed at before

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie36

Reaction score
Hey guy I need some advice...
A few months ago I left a salon that I was working at for 6 1/2 years, I loved being there but needed a change..

I started in a new salon back in November, it's a lovely place but the travel to get to and from each day is a nightmare, it's costing me a bomb!. Plus I've lost a lot of clients doing this :(

Everytime I go into the town I used to work in I keep bumping into clients who keep saying to me 'they don't know what to do with their hair as its too far to travel to me now'

So I've been think... Many speak to my old boss to go back but work self employed and pay her to rent a chair (£30 a day), I would be using my own products and doing my own stock order each week.

What do you think good idea or not? Hmmm

If she agrees to it then what have you got to lose,

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like a lot of money to go out. £150 a week before stock? I'd maybe try and work a percentage split with her. I wanted a pay rose before and best way to work it was on a 50/50 split that way no body loses out and products are included. The more you take the more you make. But your not forking out if quiet. It's always worked for me and now I work in my mother in laws salon all staff get a 60/40 split salons way whilst I keep my 50 x

I use to rent a chair for £130 a week I supplied all my own stuff it worked out just fine a personally would not work on a percentage spilt , I work hard and reep the benefits

Of you loved bring there and there were no hard feelings when you left, why not go back part time 2/3 days a week as self employed £30 a day isn't that bad, depending on your prices, would 1 wash, cut and finish nearly cover days rent?

You'll already have a client base to start you off and you have gone off and spread your wings, so maybe time to settle again :)

Hey guys

I spoke to my old boss today... She is wanting to do 50/50 and I have to pay my products ect or £85 a day! Sounds mental lol

No that's ridicules

Hey guys

I spoke to my old boss today... She is wanting to do 50/50 and I have to pay my products ect or £85 a day! Sounds mental lol

Don't forget you worked for her in her salon yes you did the clients but they weren't yours!
Can't you work mobile

She said she would have to do it that why because she does that with one of the other girls who does two days a week BUT she uses the salons products! Hmmm

Anyway look for somewhere else to rent a chair, sounds like she doesn't really want to rent chairs out :)

Latest posts

Back