Goldwell silk lift bath?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
I know I've heard that you can use silk lift to remove tone similarly to blondor and pastel 1-4.

Would anyone be willing to share the specifics, of I guess for lack of a better word, the silk lift bleach bath?

Which powder to use, the blue or the red? Which developer? Do you include the serum? What proportions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

I would use the blue powder and volume 10. (Since the volume 10 closest to pastel)

If I was doing the silk lift bleach bath, I'm not sure I'd worry so much about the serum. But if I did use it, just a few drops perhaps. Not the normal amount.

I would use the blue powder and volume 10. (Since the volume 10 closest to pastel)

If I was doing the silk lift bleach bath, I'm not sure I'd worry so much about the serum. But if I did use it, just a few drops perhaps. Not the normal amount.

Thank you! Would you stick to proportions suggested?

That's the thing about silk lift I don't like. Their rules about measuring!

I don't see how it would hurt to mix it just as you would any other brand. Such as 1 to 4. Plus you are using the blue which is stronger than the pink. To remove tone I would think that would be a good ratio. Surely their lightener isn't that high maintenance that we can't try to use in rations. At least I hope not!

There is actually a guide line, I've got it in a book I got from a goldwell colour correction course.

But I definitely remember that bizarrely it's 6% you mix with. Pretty sure it's something like 35ml 6%, 25ml blue powder, 3 serum pups and 35ml warm water! I'll double check and take a photo tomorrow!

There is actually a guide line, I've got it in a book I got from a goldwell colour correction course.

But I definitely remember that bizarrely it's 6% you mix with. Pretty sure it's something like 35ml 6%, 25ml blue powder, 3 serum pups and 35ml warm water! I'll double check and take a photo tomorrow!

Thank you! I'd appreciate it.

I was always told that silk lift is ineffective without the serum i.e. The powder and developer alone doesn't protect from damage without the serum

It's what tom said, I'm sure it's on the piece of paper inside the tub tho

Not on mine. I checked.

Latest posts

Back