Goldwell silk lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you use it as a bleach on hair you may otherwise feel was slightly unsuitable for bleaching? Is it that gentle?

For example, my hair used to be white until the summer when I went brown, was fooled into thinking the condition was fine, (shiny, strong etc) but put 3% foils in on top and my hair was like spaghetti :( I've cut it all off now so only have about 2 inches of the underlying bleach left on the top section, would it be ok to use the pink one?

Another thing I wondered was can it be used on the scalp?

Could you use it as a bleach on hair you may otherwise feel was slightly unsuitable for bleaching? Is it that gentle?

For example, my hair used to be white until the summer when I went brown, was fooled into thinking the condition was fine, (shiny, strong etc) but put 3% foils in on top and my hair was like spaghetti :( I've cut it all off now so only have about 2 inches of the underlying bleach left on the top section, would it be ok to use the pink one?

I've used on knackered hair, obvs not recommended by goldwell. But once you get used to it you can see what it does. I've never broken someone's hair with it and I've push it to its limits.

I loooove it, probably the most gutting thing about not working in a Goldwell salon anymore 😔although I do now have Redken Blonde Icing which is good too!!

But tbh they're cream bleaches aren't as easy to use in all situations.

silk lift is by far the best just standard powder bleach!

p.s, dont think that adding more then 3 pumps of serum makes it any more gentle.. I made that mistake when I first started and always used loads 😂 I asked the goldwell educator and she said it makes no difference adding more just makes it develop slower

I loooove it, probably the most gutting thing about not working in a Goldwell salon anymore 😔although I do now have Redken Blonde Icing which is good too!!

But tbh they're cream bleaches aren't as easy to use in all situations.

silk lift is by far the best just standard powder bleach!

p.s, dont think that adding more then 3 pumps of serum makes it any more gentle.. I made that mistake when I first started and always used loads 😂 I asked the goldwell educator and she said it makes no difference adding more just makes it develop slower

Good to know I'd probably try tha if I'd heared it too lol

So any tips on how to up sell? Do u just agree the service I.e balyage and then say I have a new product available which is kinder to the hair, you can have this for x amount or the other (normal) fir x amount

Sounds a bit pants lol

We have two types of colour - one more conditioning than the other. A standard colour or a more conditioning one. It's an extra xxx charge.

Fab, will I get a pack with all the sciencey info when it comes?

I think you get an info sheet on it, did the sales rep not go through that with you.

I think you get an info sheet on it, did the sales rep not go through that with you.

Nope he wasn't all that clued up tbh, couldn't tell me if it was suitable for the scalp in a straight answer & mentioned lipids a hundred times 😂 all he really told me was that you need all 3 products to make it work & it's much kinder to the hair than standard bleach

🙈🙈🙈

I really feel I need to find out what a lipid is....... 😂😂😂

Lipids are found deep inside the hair in the biomembrane. It's where moisture is held.

Hair looses moisture through chemical/ environmental influences.

Intralipids replace lost moisture deep inside the hair.

Copy and pasted into my brain 😊 I do love to get all scientific sometimes ☺️

I ordered a bunch of new products today too 😃 gonna be a good week this week :)

Latest posts

Back