Good book/source for contraindication info

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good book or website which goes into a bit of depth about possible issues, what they look like etc preferably covering skin and nails?

I have done my courses which went over them and I have a Level 2 text book which briefly discusses them and has a few pictures but I feel like I want to know more and be more able to recognise issues and to maybe have something to refer to. Stuff like the diabetes factor. I've been told not to do treatments without a GP note but never really the full reasons why.

I've googled but there so much info out there and I was wondering if anyone knew a really good information source rather than me googling and reading bits and pieces on various sites. A lot of the nail books I've found seem more aimed at enhancements rather than the natural nail.

I was going to do the Guild anatomy and physiology course (well I still am) but does that go into contraindications/actions so much?

a&p tends to be more on how the body works not the contra indications because there is so many different ones for each treatment.

diabetes is a contra indication because they can lose skin sensitivity for example so if you were to wax them and it was burning there skin they wouldn't be able to tell it was damaging there skin.

hope that was a bit helpful

Thank you that does help. There's just so many possible contraindications out there and I'm not that confident that I would definitely spot them when presented with them.

What I'm love is some kind of handy pocket sized guide with pictures and descriptions of each issue and what could happen. Could someone make one please!

what i would just do is before each treatment is see what the contra indications are for it then have a quick picture google them so if the client has them you would be able to recognize them

Have a look at the Miladys books they should have them on Amazon they are bound to have what you are looking for.

I read on here that Doug Schoon does a fabulous one for nails.

I havent read it myself though.

Latest posts

Back