Good colour book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caddy-snips

Reaction score
I'm quite embarrassed to say but despite 10 years of hairdressing experience under my belt having now bee a6 years out of salon and just doing friends & family at home, I'm feeling abit out of touch with my colour theory.
Cutting and colouring techniques in not worried with, but my basic knowledge just seems to be disappearing from my mind because I've become stuck in the rut of just keeping on too of my friends/family, root touch ups , highlights all the basics.

I'm trying to branch out again and feel I could do to refresh my brain on the basics of toning and the like ready for when a bigger colouring job comes my way.

Working part time as a dental nurse and parenting my 2 babies finest leave me much in the way of time/money for courses, so could anyone recommend either good websites/books for education.

Thanks in advance, I actually am abit embarrassed admitting this, I should be on the top of my game, it's very un like me, but as I'm trying to get my mobile business up and running is become abit of an eye opener. X

There are so many great colouring courses that you can attend.
Some are reasonably priced aswel.
I love going on them, not only for what you learn but I always love feeling inspired and motivated

I'm the same x A lot of it's to do with my confidence since having children and being mobile as opposed to being in a salon.. Trusting my decisions.
You can find a lot of help in the threads on here and online too x

Hi there I'm the same too, I'm doing some colouring courses at the mo & really enjoying them, they are worth every penny but, they can be expensive, this site is brilliant for learning, look out particularly for ColourGirly, Adamlea87 & Beckstar amongst others, their advice is top notch! Also YouTube is good for techniques. Good luck x

Ahhh thanks DGolds :)

I would defo get behind a manufacturer and find out what training is on offer, for instance goldwell offer half day basic and colour correction theory only courses. You keep the book to refer too, you can ask the educator questions, meet other hairdressers etc. most major brands have technical help advise lines to use.

It's harder to self learn, I'm learning some new products currently on my own, I read it all then pick the brain of some who knows best. I'm very visual when it comes to learning ( most hairdressers are!) so it's good to do the face to face learning. This site is great for second opinions or 'anyone tried this' questions.

Thanks Dgolds that's really kind :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are so many great colouring courses that you can attend.
Some are reasonably priced aswel.
I love going on them, not only for what you learn but I always love feeling inspired and motivated

I totally agree! We all feel like we need some extra motivation or inspiration sometimes and the interaction of doing a course can be perfect for this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

May sound daft, but how about your basic college book? Cheap enough to pick up off eBay etc, failing that, I know keune do their own colour book, how about finding one online to use with the colour brands you use? X

Sam villa on you tube

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Myhaidressers.com has fab colouring tutorials, very upto date and u can print out PDFs so by the fork out for books u may as well use that and u can physically see it being done.

I follow all the major colour houses, brand, salons etc on youtube. The redken one is really good.

Latest posts

Back