Good idea or bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
Well it's only 2 weeks until I move into my new salon, I am so excited its looking fab !
I am having an open evening a few days after moving and am having drinks and canapés.
I have a 15year old son who has been more than challenging over the summer holidays, but he can also be very polite and charming. (split personality I think ! )
Anyway I was thinking of asking him and one of his friends to dress smartly and work for me for the evening taking around canapés, asking people if they would like a drink etc.
I thought it would get him involved, show I am trusting him and he can earn some money.
Am I mad ?
Opinions please ??!

Only you know your son but i think its a great idea! Give him some responsibility and a bit of cash :)

All the best for your open evening

as long as he isn't serving alcohol I think it's a fab idea!

Mmh hadn't thought of that ! He would probably drink it all ! Only joking he wouldn't !

Aw go for it, you can keep an eye on him but it also shows you beleive in him to get him involved :)

give kids respect and trust and they respect you for it, go for it xx

I'm opening my shop in 2 weeks too and have my 12 yr old daughter helping out, she will be answering phones in school holidays too. She can be hormonal have told her she needs to show respect to be given privaledge of working for me. She's well behaved mostly but is prone to the it's not fair and flying of handle stage.

I would be a bit surprised if I went to an event like this and kids were serving alcohol. Only you can make that decision. I do think it is a good idea though to have them helping out and serving canapes etc. Make sure that they have been given a bit of background info though, you want them to be able to answer guests/clients questions with confidence.Good luck and let me know their hourly rate for my openong event. I could do with some help. LOL

Latest posts

Back