Google and Yelp Reviews

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauibob

Reaction score
attachment.php
If you want to dominate both Google and Yelp with genuine 5-star customer reviews, you must be willing to ask for them. After generating thousands of reviews, here's what we found works best.

1. Ask your client to write a review when he/she is at the peak of their happiness with your service.
  2. Use the word “favor” in your request ie. Kathy, may I ask you a favor please.
  3. Tell them how long the process is going to take. Would you mind taking a few minutes to write a review for me?
  4. Tell them how you benefit from their review. When you do, it helps other people who are looking for a salon learn about us. Will you do that for me please?
  5. After they agree, tell them … I would like to send you an email with a link where you can leave your review, may I do that? If you don’t have their “Primary Email Address” this is the time to ask for it. You have to make it super easy for your customers to get to your review site. Nothing is easier than clicking on a link.
  6. And finally, tell them … I’m looking forward to reading your comments. Thank you. Now they know you’ll be looking for it.

The people who follow this process are getting as many as 80% of their customers responding to their review request.

Are you doing anything differently to get reviews? What's working for you?

* It's against the law to provide a gift or a reward for a review unless you clearly state that the reviewer was rewarded for their review. Please don't suggest doing that.

Last edited:
Most stores and even my bank now give me a slip with details to go online and give them feedback,and I tend not to bother, as they just hand the slip over with a shrug as they know you won't bother!

If these techniques were used, I would definitely be more inclined to give my feedback.

Most stores and even my bank now give me a slip with details to go online and give them feedback,and I tend not to bother, as they just hand the slip over with a shrug as they know you won't bother!

If these techniques were used, I would definitely be more inclined to give my feedback.

me too

Latest posts

Back