Got my certificate!!!! Am I ready to go it alone??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
I finished my 5 day l&p foundation with cnd yesterday and got my certificate!! I am so excited and very proud of my certificate, I feel my nails have really come on lately after the terrible start! Anyway my nails are obviously not 100% yet, so was wondering when is the right time to start out on my business venture! Do they have to be at a perfect standard to do real clients? I am really excited about starting out but don't want to rush it.

Was also wondering would it be best to start off in a salon? I have no one else to practice on apart from myself. The only other thing is I'm 5 months pregnant, would a salon even want me??

Any advice would be great

Faye

I think its best to jump right in....thats what i did. if you wait to long sat at home still practising on your hand trainer you begin to lose confidence...you know like when you pass your driving test...the longer you wait to drive a car the more an issue it becomes.

i think getting salon experience could be good for you...i just went right out mobile and then set up my home salon...it shouldn't matter that you are expecting (congrats by the way) but realistically you can see a salon owners view that just as you get going you will be gone again so to speak.

I think getting some leaflets done to get your name out there and practising on as many real people as you can...family friends (make sure you charge them...its very important) .. the more people wearing your work the better...the word will spread. best of luck x

I think you should go straight into it also!!

I qualified in l&p a couple of months ago and because of certain circumstances haven't been able to practice for most of that time and have already lost my confidence, so kind of feel like I've gotta start from scratch again to get up to a good enough standard.

If you feel like your nails are already good then you can only get better from there, so go for it!! :biggrin:

Im doing my L&P course sometime in january just waiting on a date but i was thinking once i have done it to get practice advertise on somewhere like gumtree offering sets for £10 but make sure u tell them this is tempory.
xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back