Government Funding to do NVQ Levels 2 & 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I have seen a few posts on the forums recently re Free NVQ Assessments.

I thought I should do a post to advise that so long as you have never completed a full NVQ before, you get funding to do NVQ Courses. I think you may need to be over 18.

I don't know if the funding is restricted to local colleges. I only found out when I enrolled recently for NVQ Level 2 in Beauty at my local college. I couldn't believe I didn't have to pay the £500 course fee.

It is an excellent initiative AND free!:)

That is good! Do you know if it applies to everyone? I only ask cos at my work you can't get free NVQs if you have a level 5 equivalent qualification in any subject at all...

I have seen a few posts on the forums recently re Free NVQ Assessments.

I thought I should do a post to advise that so long as you have never completed a full NVQ before, you get funding to do NVQ Courses. I think you may need to be over 18.

I don't know if the funding is restricted to local colleges. I only found out when I enrolled recently for NVQ Level 2 in Beauty at my local college. I couldn't believe I didn't have to pay the £500 course fee.

It is an excellent initiative AND free!:)

Just thought I'd mention that this may also apply if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Even if there isn't government funding for the course, the college usually have funds available to support people on benefits. My local college do for their C&G Level 2 and 3. I think this is an excellent leg up for people who may find it difficult to afford training :)

there are many routes to achive a goverment funded nvq, whether there awrading bodies are city and guilds , VTCT or otherwise. There are many courses available on many subjects not just nails. Yes ,funded does mean they are free, ! and were appilcable will include so many hours of structered learning to increase your skill level. All depends on circustances and previous qualification. Never assume like i did some years ago, that collage is the only route.! It may be the only time we get some thing free from this goverment.

Good luck

how come this has been moved to biz when is a trainning question?

Latest posts

Back