Grams/strands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherC

Reaction score
On someone with thin natural hair would 8 packs of 20 (0.8g per strand) be enough to add a slight amount of length and not too much thickness? So it would be 128g in total at 16".

The whole full/half head and strands/grams confuese the life out of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey! 128grams will be plenty to add bit of length and thickness, are they double drawn? As if not you’ll have to cut an inch or so off to finish off the ends nice. X

No they only have 16" in natural rstio (Angel Remy). I asked who I have recently trained with and they said at least 9 packs ..

Hiya,
If possible I try to stick to 1g strands and aim for;
125g full head (natural looking)
150g thick
200g huge!

Xx

Hi which supplier for you use? So going from that (other than them being 0.8g) you think 128 grams in total would be sufficient. Thanks

Hiya, yeah I'd say 128g is enough!

If your on Instagram search the tag 125g some pics of extensions will come up for you to get that visual of thickness etc.

I use Archie Lloyds X

Hope that helps

Hair planet do 1gram strands and euphoria one do as well :) used hairplanet for years and never had a problem, I’m new to euphoria one but heard fantastic things.
But 128grams is plenty if it’s just thickness and a bit of length she’s adding, if she wanted to add a lot of length then she’d need more packs/grams to make sure it looks nice towards the ends. My standard/cheapest option I do with wefts is 120grams 18” natural ratio and once cut the ends it adds thickness and a bit of length. I tried to attach pictures of some id done but it always says imagine to large x

Thank you both! You've helped massively. Another thing... When it comes to your price list how does it work if you source hair from multiple suppliers xx

I use hairplanet for my 18” Indian Remy 120grams weft option, then everything else is now going to be from my second supplier which do Indian, Brazilian and Russian so I’ve made 3 price lists on an app called “Vanillapen” for the different quality’s with lengths and thickness on. With my standard 18” 120grams at the top of my Indian price list. Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back