Grape Gum Shellac vs Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
Can anyone send me photos of their shellac and Vinylux grape gum, I've had grape gum in shellac for a long time but I've just got the Vinylux version today and it is totally different.

My Vinylux one looks very metallic almost foil like but my shellac one looks nothing like that, total cream blue tone purple.

I'm really confused what grape gum should look like now lol help! X

Grape gum should be metallic , there was a thread on here ages ago with a few people having the same problem as you . I know because I also had this problem ;)

You need to get a little toothpick and stir the shellac , I bet there is a residue at the bottom of your bottle that needs to be mixed into the solution , shaking alone won't do it ;)

Can anyone send me photos of their shellac and Vinylux grape gum, I've had grape gum in shellac for a long time but I've just got the Vinylux version today and it is totally different.

My Vinylux one looks very metallic almost foil like but my shellac one looks nothing like that, total cream blue tone purple.

I'm really confused what grape gum should look like now lol help! X

I don't have grape gum in vinylux but my shellac grape gym is a flat purple (cream- no shimmer/metallic at all) xx

Grape gum should be metallic , there was a thread on here ages ago with a few people having the same problem as you . I know because I also had this problem ;)

You need to get a little toothpick and stir the shellac , I bet there is a residue at the bottom of your bottle that needs to be mixed into the solution , shaking alone won't do it ;)

So it shouldn't look like this??
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412409984.645000.jpg

My Vinylux is very metallic and quite a nice colour I've always disliked the shellac one.. I feel very silly now lol

Better get the tooth picks out!

My Grape Gum Vinylux is metallic looking & quite thick :( only used once. I dont have it in shellac but def not the same as Shellac colour!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nope :) it should match the colour on the outside of the bottle , for some reason in this colour a lot of people found that all of the metallic particles settled to the bottom and compacted meaning that shaking alone wouldn't disperse them through the shellac . By getting the tooth pick and really stirring up the bottom of the bottle and getting in to all the edges it makes such a difference to the colour and the true grape gum colour is gorgeous , a metallic cadburys purple :)

Nope :) it should match the colour on the outside of the bottle , for some reason in this colour a lot of people found that all of the metallic particles settled to the bottom and compacted meaning that shaking alone wouldn't disperse them through the shellac . By getting the tooth pick and really stirring up the bottom of the bottle and getting in to all the edges it makes such a difference to the colour and the true grape gum colour is gorgeous , a metallic cadburys purple :)

I'm so glad you replied to this post lol thank you so much! I can't believe all this time I thought it was meant to look like that! I've stirred it up an it's a lovely metallic colour! Now I'm wondering what else needs a stir lol thanks again! X

My old Grape Gum was one of the original ones that came out ages ago and no amount of stirring would change it, it was so wishy washy. However, The Real Mrs Grey posted a piccie of some she did with a new bottle and they were amazing. So I bought a new one, OMG its the colour I dreamed of! And quite similar to the Vinylux version. So if stirring doesn't work just ditch it.

Karaxxx

My Shellac Grape gum is also one from the first.

A nice creamy colour with no metallic effect. Needs three coats for full coverage and inclined to shrink back from the free edges.

Have often read that there a problems with application and watery consisteny and shrinking. But three coats and quickly going over the free edges again before curing and everything is ok (with my bottle ;-) ).

My Shellac Grape gum is also one from the first.

A nice creamy colour with no metallic effect. Needs three coats for full coverage and inclined to shrink back from the free edges.

Have often read that there a problems with application and watery consisteny and shrinking. But three coats and quickly going over the free edges again before curing and everything is ok (with my bottle ;-) ).

After giving mine a good stir it's now nice and metallic and the application is much easier! When I used it before it was very runny.

Give yours a stir and you might get it metallic like mine now is :)

Latest posts

Back